887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi guys,

I have just submitted my application for the 887 just now. In 2 years of stay, I have taken 57 days of paid annual vacation. In that I have compensated 56 days. Is that OK?

Thanks
Deftown

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Paid or unpaid leaves doesn't matter in 887 as long as unpaid is not more than 3 months
I did chek with immigration too, in my case as well i had about 6 weeks unpaid and 10 weeks paid all in 2 years stay.
It all went through and i applied exactly on 2 years the day i moved. As long as you meet rrquirement for work and lodge on time, not a day before two years its all good
Don't follow google posts for extending your application and serve that time for holidays, you are basically delaying application, while department drag 887 more than you.
Hope it helps

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Paid or unpaid leaves doesn't matter in 887 as long as unpaid is not more than 3 months
I did chek with immigration too, in my case as well i had about 6 weeks unpaid and 10 weeks paid all in 2 years stay.
It all went through and i applied exactly on 2 years the day i moved. As long as you meet rrquirement for work and lodge on time, not a day before two years its all good
Don't follow google posts for extending your application and serve that time for holidays, you are basically delaying application, while department drag 887 more than you.
Hope it helps

Thanks Aug17 for your help.

43 minutes ago, aug17 said:

Hope it helps

Hi Mate

I am so relieved with the tone of assertion you used in your reply. 

My query is that: dose the above also apply when these paid/unpaid leaves were spent overseas?

What was the timeline of your visa processing?

Thank you again.

Hi Mate
I am so relieved with the tone of assertion you used in your reply. 
My query is that: dose the above also apply when these paid/unpaid leaves were spent overseas?
What was the timeline of your visa processing?
Thank you again.
Anywhere
Mine was all overseas holidays, my case almost finalised got email from CO just waiting AFP and good to go.

Hi I m new here..

I have fulfilled 2 Year’s of residence for 887 

for first year residency docs we have utility bills, however my name was not on lease agreement but have letter signed by owner for residence 

for the second year we have 12 months payslips, tax papers, lease agreement, bank statements

pcc and afp

please guide for the first year residence bills and letter are enough to file 887 application.

Thnx

10 hours ago, Rita44 said:

Hi I m new here..

I have fulfilled 2 Year’s of residence for 887 

for first year residency docs we have utility bills, however my name was not on lease agreement but have letter signed by owner for residence 

for the second year we have 12 months payslips, tax papers, lease agreement, bank statements

pcc and afp

please guide for the first year residence bills and letter are enough to file 887 application.

Thnx

Hi Rita44,

Maybe try to add more "weight" to your proof of residence for the first year by adding whatever papers you have to show you lived there.  I had same situation and I added to my proof dicuments:

Metrocard statement - to show I used transport in the city every day 

Library emails showing I regularly borrowed books from local library 

School reports of my son

Doctors and dentists visits showing addresses of clinics 

Bank statements showing everyday shopping in local supermarkets

Even flybuys card statements if it shows which Coles you shop at

My statutory declaration signed by JP to state I lived at the address 

And some other bits and peices which were genuine proof of us residing in the area.  That's what really they are interested in - you living in the prescribed area. Address is of secondary importance. 

4 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi Rita44,

Maybe try to add more "weight" to your proof of residence for the first year by adding whatever papers you have to show you lived there.  I had same situation and I added to my proof dicuments:

Metrocard statement - to show I used transport in the city every day 

Library emails showing I regularly borrowed books from local library 

School reports of my son

Doctors and dentists visits showing addresses of clinics 

Bank statements showing everyday shopping in local supermarkets

Even flybuys card statements if it shows which Coles you shop at

My statutory declaration signed by JP to state I lived at the address 

And some other bits and peices which were genuine proof of us residing in the area.  That's what really they are interested in - you living in the prescribed area. Address is of secondary importance. 

Thanks Russki for you help.

Hi guys,

I see the an attachment link for " child custody evidence" In my application. Do I need to submit any proof? My child belongs to me and my wife and my whole family is included in the 887 application. Still do I need to show any evidence?

Thanks
Deftown

Hi guys,

I see an attachment link for " child custody evidence" In my application. Do I need to submit any proof? My child belongs to me and my wife and my whole family is included in the 887 application. Still do I need to show any evidence?

Thanks
Deftown

On 19/12/2017 at 7:57 PM, kumar said:

Thank you for your reply mate, That is the problem I have been trying to get release letter unfortunately they are not releasing. It’s been almost a year here in Tasmania struggling for job with family n kids. What if move to Other regional areas like Adelaide without release letter, does it have any effect on 887. 

Thanks in Advance.

Well I am not sure if it'll be effecting your 887, but if they'll not releasing you I don't think you can live in any other regional area, becaus before getting release letter condition on ur visa is to live in a "specified" regional area.

Thanks

13 hours ago, Arafat said:

Hi guys, I need a help regarding my 887 visa

When I came to my designated regional area I live with my brother in law 2 weeks as a guest. What is the document require to proof that. 

Thanks all

Probably a letter from ur brother, stating that you live with him. 

On 19/12/2017 at 10:05 PM, alexoir said:

When applying for 887, you only have to provide proof that you have lived and worked in a regional area. It doesn't have to be in your sponsored state and you wouldn't be asked to prove this. It's NOT MANDATORY that you stay in your sponsored state for those two years, it's just out of COURTESY. I know at least two families on 489 who moved from WA to QLD without being released by WA. They did their two years in Townsville, applied for 887 and were granted without hustle. If you are having problems with your release from TAS, I say pack your bag and leave.

Note however that ADELAIDE IS NOT A REGIONAL AREA. It is only a designated area so living and working there will not be counted towards 887.

Hey mate, 

Just to correct you Adelaide is a regional area, whole state os SA, NT and TAS are regional.

I am living in Adelaide on my 489, already applied for 887 and CO is satisfied with the residency requirement too. 

Thanks 

Hi All,
Just to share with you guys,
I also applied on 11th sep and got email from CO on 20th Dec. asking another AFP with my given name only ( Not with last name ) and they asked for all employment and residency proofs attested by JP.
 Again starting from scratch.
Why attestation when you have scanned documents in colour?

Why attestation when you have scanned documents in colour?

May b Adam ur case officer
He ask me the same, otherwse my case would be finalised on 18th december
Now i am just waiting for AFP and they close till 2nd Jan.