sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

On 02/01/2018 at 4:12 PM, Russki said:

The answer to the last question will be "yes". You do currently hold a 489 visa.  So,  it's definitely a yes. ?

As for the medical,  don't worry about it until asked by CO. Your old one is probably not valid anyway.  You will have to undergo a new examination for 887, but only do it if the department asks for it. 

I hope this helps!

Hey mate, 

We don't have to do medical for 887 once it had been done for 489, same medical will work for 887. CO is not gonna ask for a new medical. But if one is adding a new person in application then ues we have to do medical for them. 

Tha

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aug17 said:

Hi Danny
When did CO ask for that? And when did u submitted?
usually after CO ask they will again review ur file after 6/7 weeks. So calculate the weeks when CO ask you for that, my CO ask me on 18/12, and i am waiting for my AFP and hoping to get by end of Jan.
Hope it helps

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

They have requested on 9/12/2017 and I have submitted on 19/12/2017, so hopefully I should grant in couple of weeks.

Hi guys, 

any one can advise on how roughly AFP takes to be issued these days in NSW? Is it fully online or we need to visit police station?

Many thanks

Hi guys, 
any one can advise on how roughly AFP takes to be issued these days in NSW? Is it fully online or we need to visit police station?
Many thanks

It's all online and should come within 3/4 weeks, you don't need to visit police station

Click link below for online application portal & follow the prompts
Cheers

https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

They have requested on 9/12/2017 and I have submitted on 19/12/2017, so hopefully I should grant in couple of weeks.
Are u sure 9/12 ? Cz it's saturday and department Don't work on saturdays
Anyways if that's case u should be getting close to January 20th or something

16 April
Hi
Since its been over than service standards you should push the department, send email to homeaffairs feedback unit and call them. 7/8 months is the normal standard time as per now, and yours.gone way more longer than that.

8 hours ago, aug17 said:

Hi
Since its been over than service standards you should push the department, send email to homeaffairs feedback unit and call them. 7/8 months is the normal standard time as per now, and yours.gone way more longer than that.

Thanks mate, did that today....They were on the bullet!

Appreciate your suggestion ?

On 03/01/2018 at 9:26 PM, aug17 said:

Working uber is still on either ABN or Tax but it's safe play as long as in your current area, anywhere else, as i said before, a minimum risk factor, but not a major risk.
He is not main applicant, but soon you applied 887 visa he moved to metro, but you still under same visa condition and bridging visa is not on effect till your 489 is valid. CO are less likely to check anythng apart from main applicant file,
Make your file streight and focused on you, CO will hardly bother his current status as long as 2 years are fullfilled and he is not main applicant.

Hi Thank for your reply

My husband is not moving to metro.He will just drive to metro area as it takes only 3 hrs and will drive uber maybe for two or three days.His two sister lives in the city. Anyway we are trying to get a job around here and will not risk it and yes all i submitted for 887 is my papaers like my payslips my tax papers his was only basics like form 80 and 1221 and then police clearance from my country and AFP everything else are mine. 

Hi, everyone.

I have viewed this forum long time ago, today I also submitted my 887 applications, hopefully my visa could be approved within three months.

anyone submitted please share your timeline.

22 minutes ago, January 5 2018 said:

Hi, everyone.

I have viewed this forum long time ago, today I also submitted my 887 applications, hopefully my visa could be approved within three months.

anyone submitted please share your timeline.

Welcome to the group! :)

The timelines are in the spreadsheet we share:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

You are welcome to enter your dates. 

Hello All, 

I am planning to apply my 887 Visa On 19th Feb 2018, I am expecting my second baby on 17 May 2018. Can some one tell in what visa the new born baby will be, while in 887 Visa?

Hello All, 
I am planning to apply my 887 Visa On 19th Feb 2018, I am expecting my second baby on 17 May 2018. Can some one tell in what visa the new born baby will be, while in 887 Visa?

Hi vinodh,

My advice is don't apply in February. Start apply after 20th March. The CO gets allocated approximately 8 weeks which is mid of June. By then you will have your baby born and got your passport for your baby. Intimate the immigration the moment you get your baby's passport, the best is before the CO gets allocated . When the CO sees your application he will grant 489 subsequent entrant visa to your baby first and on the same day you will get your PR.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi vinodh,

My advice is don't apply in February. Start apply after 20th March. The CO gets allocated approximately 8 weeks which is mid of June. By then you will have your baby born and got your passport for your baby. Intimate the immigration the moment you get your baby's passport, the best is before the CO gets allocated . When the CO sees your application he will grant 489 subsequent entrant visa to your baby first and on the same day you will get your PR.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Mate it’s far more complex than u think....I am going through this at the moment and awaiting for the decision over by 4 months...

total 8 months and 3 weeks..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinodh said:

Hello All, 

Hello Vinodh,

you have approximately 3 months between when you plan to lodge your application and when you're expecting your baby. If you lodge all required documents correctly and are lucky enough to get a direct grant, you might be on PR before your baby is born. You can then claim citizenship for your baby after he/she is born. It might get complicated if your baby is born after lodging but before a decision is made. You will require the advise of someone who has been in that specific situation before or you might have to consult an immigration expert.

• Like 1

Hello All, 

If i would be you i would lodge 887 and get medicare first, than get delivery covered by medicare. Once PR comes or if it would be still pending after baby born than it's still easy, just add your baby while your application in process.

It's change of circumstances in immi account and add family member, it would cover your wife delivery cost otherwse u would b looking $8k cost out of pocket. Also you never know when rules changing, don't play with your luck, if you eligible just do that asap. Once baby is born get medical hap id generated he/she will need to get medicals done. Not you or anyone who has already done during 489 visa

Right now department can give you direct grant, back in 2017 due to returdancy CO changes effect appkicants files to drag till 8/9 months, but it was stable after july 2017 files onwards and now.

Your baby delivery might delay a bit, as long as your file is complete CO might ask you to wait for delivery and get medicals, so to be fair suggestion just do that.

Hope it clear some confusions for u and good luck

Thanks mate, did that today....They were on the bullet!
Appreciate your suggestion
Good news brother

gsm.business.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

Email them with your immi account email id and put file and passport number, express your concern and explaim that it's gone beyond service standars and you waiting for decision.

They usually reply within 14 days, and you might get grant before than, if your file is all completed. They have access to push the department and cases beyond service standards

Good luck

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aug17 said:

Good news brother

gsm.business.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

Email them with your immi account email id and put file and passport number, express your concern and explaim that it's gone beyond service standars and you waiting for decision.

They usually reply within 14 days, and you might get grant before than, if your file is all completed. They have access to push the department and cases beyond service standards

Good luck

Thanks mate..didn’t get a chance to explain the situation and advise the required resolution via an email....did this over the phone ....the bloke was pretty good on the phone...

Ta 

6 hours ago, aug17 said:

If i would be you i would lodge 887 and get medicare first, than get delivery covered by medicare. Once PR comes or if it would be still pending after baby born than it's still easy, just add your baby while your application in process.

It's change of circumstances in immi account and add family member, it would cover your wife delivery cost otherwse u would b looking $8k cost out of pocket. Also you never know when rules changing, don't play with your luck, if you eligible just do that asap. Once baby is born get medical hap id generated he/she will need to get medicals done. Not you or anyone who has already done during 489 visa

Right now department can give you direct grant, back in 2017 due to returdancy CO changes effect appkicants files to drag till 8/9 months, but it was stable after july 2017 files onwards and now.

Your baby delivery might delay a bit, as long as your file is complete CO might ask you to wait for delivery and get medicals, so to be fair suggestion just do that.

Hope it clear some confusions for u and good luck

Hi there aug17,

Only COs can generate HAP IDs for new born babies. There is no option for organizing a health assessment for new born babies under the 887 application

Hi there aug17,
Only COs can generate HAP IDs for new born babies. There is no option for organizing a health assessment for new born babies under the 887 application
Yes brother
That's why i suggest to do that and CO might ask or wait for baby to born and get HAP id once born, for the mean time other docs will be made, once medicals done than 887 final decision can be made for visa. It will be longer but will have huge benefit of medicare and not so long after baby is born.

On 05/01/2018 at 9:16 AM, Bunny said:

hasn't department start working yet? no grants or CO queries since mid december

yeah nothing so far, however, i know someone the officer asked him for additional documents between christmas and new year, so I assume they are working

2 hours ago, Rabea B said:

yeah nothing so far, however, i know someone the officer asked him for additional documents between christmas and new year, so I assume they are working

That's good to know. Waiting for anyone in this forum get their grants. ?