887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

17 hours ago, DarDec said:

If you had private insurance like Bupa, please upload membership card and letter from them.  

Hi DarDec

Thank you for this hint.

do you mean the membership letter issued along with the cards, or a fresh "Reference letter" that we may ask Bupa to issue now?

Thank you again

1 hour ago, Raed said:

Hi DarDec

Thank you for this hint.

do you mean the membership letter issued along with the cards, or a fresh "Reference letter" that we may ask Bupa to issue now?

Thank you again

It meant a fresh reference letter . Bupa will email quickly a  reference letter upon your request .

Membership letter comes along with Card also can be attached . No harm. 

Hi aug17, thanks for your reply. I understand now why we got different process to follow. My daughter was born in Australia and your daughter was born offshore, which leads to two different ways.Just like alexoir described. All the best wishes!
Yes brother i realise
as i said, i was not quite sure about onshore procedure, but anyways good luck with that [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Hi guys, 

Can I change home while 887 visa process on going? Is that any effect on process? I am not sure so just get ideas from who had experience of this. 

Thanks 

Hi Tsep, 

Just do an address change form after moving house on immi account.  I don't think it will affect anything, as long as you are still in your designated area or your sponsoring state. 

Good luck! :)

PS Just remembered! My agent advised that it's best not to change jobs,  move home or anything like that,  while 887 is being processed. To keep it simpler for officers. And it looks better on you if you stay put - you are showing that you have settled. However,  it was just his friendly advice,  not a rule. 

32 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi Tsep, 

Just do an address change form after moving house on immi account.  I don't think it will affect anything, as long as you are still in your designated area or your sponsoring state. 

Good luck! :)

PS Just remembered! My agent advised that it's best not to change jobs,  move home or anything like that,  while 887 is being processed. To keep it simpler for officers. And it looks better on you if you stay put - you are showing that you have settled. However,  it was just his friendly advice,  not a rule. 

Thanks Russki, for your valuable info. I"ll check with some friends who in same situation. 

Hi Guys,

I applied on 09/09 and CO asked for new AFP check 12/12

New AFP supplied 28/12

My passport will expire  Aug 2018 ,haven' t heard from the CO, still waiting for the grant

my question is, can the visa be granted even my passport validity will be less than 6 months?

is the 6 month validity only required upon application or even before the grant?

thanks in advance for the effort that will be poured into answering my questions.

1 hour ago, Raz said:

Hi Guys,

I applied on 09/09 and CO asked for new AFP check 12/12

New AFP supplied 28/12

My passport will expire  Aug 2018 ,haven' t heard from the CO, still waiting for the grant

my question is, can the visa be granted even my passport validity will be less than 6 months?

is the 6 month validity only required upon application or even before the grant?

thanks in advance for the effort that will be poured into answering my questions.

Question. Why they needed new AFP? The one provided you was older than 12 months? 

Hi Bunny,

AFP provided when the application was lodged is a current one ( Sept 2017 issue) 

I'm not sure what's the reason. I called immi but they can't confirm if the previous one can't be viewed or CO needs a new one.

I requested a new one and re-uploaded the September issue just to be on the safe side. I even sent it thru email 

8 hours ago, Raz said:

Hi Bunny,

AFP provided when the application was lodged is a current one ( Sept 2017 issue) 

I'm not sure what's the reason. I called immi but they can't confirm if the previous one can't be viewed or CO needs a new one.

I requested a new one and re-uploaded the September issue just to be on the safe side. I even sent it thru email 

Oh I'm having a fear now. I applied October 3rd and my AFP was issued end August. Technically my AFP is now 5 months old. I think I will obtain a new AFP and upload to be safe. 

49 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Oh I'm having a fear now. I applied October 3rd and my AFP was issued end August. Technically my AFP is now 5 months old. I think I will obtain a new AFP and upload to be safe. 

Don't panic, Bunny. AFP expires after a year. Raz's case might be peculiar 

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I applied on Nov 30 so still a long time to wait. However, got a bit problem with the FBI clearance. I applied for FBI on Sep 20 just in case it is required but now FBI said that they dont receive my package. That means I have to send it again and wait for another 3.5 to 4.5 months and maybe it will get lost again. it is really frustrating for me. so I just want to ask if I have not gone back to the US, is it required to do the FBI clearance? I have stayed in Australia entire time since my 489 visa. 

Thanks guys and good luck to your case.

2 hours ago, hoangdekiem said:

Hi Guys,

I applied on Nov 30 so still a long time to wait. However, got a bit problem with the FBI clearance. I applied for FBI on Sep 20 just in case it is required but now FBI said that they dont receive my package. That means I have to send it again and wait for another 3.5 to 4.5 months and maybe it will get lost again. it is really frustrating for me. so I just want to ask if I have not gone back to the US, is it required to do the FBI clearance? I have stayed in Australia entire time since my 489 visa. 

This is an unsolicited advice though, I reckon it's better to have your FBI clearance re-applied again so as to cut your waiting time for it. As per the Department's website, one of the ways they assess character is based your provision of  police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years (calculated immediately before the time the visa application is lodged), since turning 16 years of age.

Majority of the cases point that COs eventually request for overseas police checks.

3 hours ago, hoangdekiem said:

Hi Guys,

Hi hoangdekiem,

Just a small word of advice: if you are re-applying (you probably should), make sure you send your documents to FBI via a courier or some other trackable recorded mail. Add insurance to your postage fee, too. This way, you will be sure it is delivered. Someone at the other end will have to sign for it. 

3 hours ago, hoangdekiem said:

Hi Guys,

Hi, hoangdekiem,

I presume you did FBI checks when applying for your 489 visa and you haven't been back to USA after moving to Australia. If that is the case, then you don't need another FBI report. Your USA character check was sorted out during your 489 visa application. You would have needed another one if you had gone back to the USA and stayed there for 6 months (maybe 12 months) or more.

Hi Guys,

Am I allow to travel out of Australia while the application is in process?

Which website should I follow? As both website seems to have slightly different requirement.

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/489-/Document-checklists-Skilled-Regional-(Provisional)-visa-(subclass-489)/Subclass-489-document-checklist-subsequent-family-entrant#

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-#tab-content-1

5 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Hi Guys,

Am I allow to travel out of Australia while the application is in process?

Which website should I follow? As both website seems to have slightly different requirement.

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/489-/Document-checklists-Skilled-Regional-(Provisional)-visa-(subclass-489)/Subclass-489-document-checklist-subsequent-family-entrant#

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-#tab-content-1

You can, don’t need a bridging visa...Do ensure, you let the case officer know via an email...