887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Can we do something for their Delayed behavior, where as visas used to be granted within 3 months before, and now they are trying t o keep us in a isolated folder and forget about us.

Other visas like 189 are being granted even by less than 3 months(we can see by checking other forums). 

Why are we being punished or in a isolated area; where they do not care about us.....

Edited by HeyMate

17 minutes ago, HeyMate said:

Can we do something for their Delayed behavior, where as visas used to be granted within 3 months before, and now they are trying t o keep us in a isolated folder and forget about us.

Other visas like 189 are being granted even by less than 3 months(we can see by checking other forums). 

Why are we being punished or in a isolated area; where they do not care about us.....

Hi Haymate,

Did you apply the 887 visa or are you planing to apply ? I cant see your details on visa tracker . 

Hi everyone, I've been silently reading your comments and topic since the time I applied for my 887 visa. I'm now on my 5th month since the time I applied.  CO already contacted me end of November asking additional detail for my AFP and I was offshore that time. I know the waiting process really is making us feel so down, some of us may be in depression already especially for those who are not used to living in the regional area like me.

But what can we do at the moment? Maybe just wait and prepare for the move.

And also just want to thank you guys for the updates of your visa, I don't know but it makes me feel better to know someone understands what I am going through also.

Edited by Samie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Samie said:

Hi everyone, I've been silently reading your comments and topic since the time I applied for my 887 visa. I'm now on my 5th month since the time I applied.  CO already contacted me end of November asking additional detail for my AFP and I was offshore that time. I know the waiting process really is making us feel so down, some of us may be in depression already especially for those who are not used to living in the regional area like me.

But what can we do at the moment? Maybe just wait and prepare for the move.

And also just want to thank you guys for the updates of your visa, I don't know but it makes me feel better to know someone understands what I am going through also.

Hi Samie,

that's right, immi will not understand our depression because we all are dependent on their favor. We can not do much...

It's also hard to prepare for move as we need a job to move to a new place, and sitting at this regional place won't help to find a job in city. Everything is just stuck on hold, even our life.

Just don't understand why they have to take that time to approve our PR, where as we are already in Australia and we have fulfilled our TWO requirements Lived 2 years + done 1 yer Full-Time Job, That's it!!

Maybe because we pay very less Visa Application fee :(, we are less priority... I have seen other visas like 189 still getting visas withing 3 months.

43 minutes ago, Ram9025 said:

Hi all

just a quick question.

I’m on 489 visa and living in Geelong. I applied for a job which is located in Geelong. However, the recruitment process will take place in Melbourne. Will it cause any problem during 887 visa approval?

Going to Melbourne for is not a problem. All you need is your work location to be in regional areas like Geelong. In your payslip, make sure your work location is in the regional post code.

4 hours ago, HeyMate said:

100 % agree . This is not fair at all. If there is any way to complain I am in.

1 hour ago, Samirk said:

100 % agree . This is not fair at all. If there is any way to complain I am in.

Doing research to find a way about how to complain...........but still couldn't find any.

Today, sent a message to Tony Burke MP through their website, may not help, but if he thinks he can talk in parliament, as he did fight for our citizenship law.

You guys also can MSG him from his website, just google. Or, if you have any different idea plz share.

Friends, I have a different doubt...I am on 489 visa and is staying in  regional area,which is near to city..Now I am thinking of driving UBER....I guess, as a part of the driving job, I have to ride few passengers to city also...my question is; by doing this, am I violating 489 visa conditions???...will it anyway affect when I apply for 887...Please share your valuable thoughts on this...please...

2 hours ago, HeyMate said:

Dear All,

I am a silent member of this forum and I really appreciate who start this form.

I have lodged my 887 visas on 24th December and started my countdown.  

I am 1000% agree with HeyMate . I am going to send an email to Tony Burke MP through their website about our 887 visa processing time. Also, I am requesting all of active member should sent email to so that he might take some step.

Edited by nelakash
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Friends, I have a different doubt...I am on 489 visa and is staying in  regional area,which is near to city..Now I am thinking of driving UBER....I guess, as a part of the driving job, I have to ride few passengers to city also...my question is; by doing this, am I violating 489 visa conditions???...will it anyway affect when I apply for 887...Please share your valuable thoughts on this...please...

Hello Jose,

the answer for your question is bit difficult.

From my point to view, if you drive UBER, it is bit hard to prove that you are driving only in regional area. But if it was for example: Cairns in QLD, it was easy to prove as whole area is regional and it was far from Brisbane.

So, my personal opinion would be to avoid UBER until you collect full 52 weeks of payslip for your PR eligibility. After that, do what you want by staying in regional area until you get PR, they won't care, bcz you don't have to prove.

• Like 1