887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Rajne

Called immi today ...

Spoke to a immi advisor - It seems that immi have stopped processing 887 Visas at the movement

She said they are concentrating on other visas ..

Well i suppose we cant do anything ... But to play the waiting game :SLEEP:

And Hope they start the processing soon :confused:

Edited by Rajne

Guest SRAZ

@Rajne

have they stopped allocating all NEW applications or application after 5/01/2013? I am sure the one case officers has been alloated they will be working on it and will be finalising asap???

Guest Rajne

Well, I am not sure .. the immi person told me this ... !!

I am pretty sure they might be one or two Case officers who are processing 887 Visas inbetween their Visa Pile

My prediction is ... 887 may speed up in the month of June or July when Priority Group 5 processing slows due to the new financial year

Guest vishim25

Hi folks,

New on this forum. I m on 487 visa at the moment, and applying for 887 in few days. Called up immi to ask for the checklist to apply for 887 visa. but they had no time to explain and sent me 887 visa form and asked me to look checklist on it, which is not in detail. so could any one who applied for this visa already advise me what docs i need to stick along with my application as i am doing fulltime job from last 2 years and living here from past 2 years as well.

Also I am big time confuse to apply this visa by myself or through some MARA approved agent, as i have filed all visas through agent already in past. Few of my friends advising me to apply by myself, but few saying to apply through approved agent as if their'll be some difficulties then agents can sort out the issues. I have consulted few agents, they stinging big amount to file this visa. Apparently there is not much stuff to do to file 887 visa. I am so lost at the moment. Please help.

Advises will be really appreciated.

Cheers

Vish

Edited by vishim25
spelling correction

Guest Rajne

Hi Vish,

Welcome to the Thread,

887 Visa is quite simple you dont need a agent to log it ...

Its a online application so all the questions will be included in the online form.

Docs which needs to be uploaded are payslips , residential proof and AFP

Currrently the waiting time is 6 months for 887 Visa ..

Cheers,

Rajne

Hey All,

In next 2 weeks, I'll apply for my 887 visa; and getting a little scared after hearing from all of you.

Just a little question to ask; hope someone will help me with this.

I have fulfilled all the required criteria - living in Adelaide and working full time in an IT role for the last 2 years. I have all my pay slips & my job offer letter. My question is - to prove my work; if I submit pay slips & job offer letter, is it good enough OR I need a letter from my employer as well?

Cheers

Guest vishim25
Hi Vish,

Welcome to the Thread,

Its a online application so all the questions will be included in the online form.

Cheers,

Rajne

Thanks a lot Rajne for the advice,

that was a great help. Really appriciate.

​Cheers

Guest vishim25
Hi Vish,

Welcome to the Thread,

Cheers,

Rajne

Just few more questions,

1. what documents supposed to be certified as employer letter, pay slips and lease docs i got original. do i need to attach them as certified or they'll do as original ?

2.how many files and how big size of files we can upload for online application ?

3. Do i need to upload all payslips(min 52) or just group certificates will do? Because if i upload 52 pay slips in single PDF file, its going to be real big size file. Does it let me upload that big files?

4. Apparently online application ask for IELTS score as well. do i need to write new test because my old one which i used for filing 487 has been expired.(please help)

5. do we need passport size photographs as well ?

​Thanks

Guest 887 vic

Hi Vishim25,

1. If you have original docs, just colour scan them and attach.

2. On immi website just search “attaching docs to an online application”. You will find answer.

3. As regards payslips, just do few e.g. one from start then middle of year then end same for next year. Attach group cert as additional doc.

4. For 887, no IELTS required.

5. Take photo from your mobile & attach.

Note. Nothing in the above written response constitute advice or practice of law. You should do your own research and can seek advice from experts. Best of luck for your application.

Edited by 887 vic

Guest from475to887
Hi Vishim25,

1. If you have original docs, just colour scan them and attach.

2. On immi website just search “attaching docs to an online application”. You will find answer.

3. As regards payslips, just do few e.g. one from start then middle of year then end same for next year. Attach group cert as additional doc.

4. For 887, no IELTS required.

5. Take photo from your mobile & attach.

Note. Nothing in the above written response constitute advice or practice of law. You should do your own research and can seek advice from experts. Best of luck for your application.

Hi 887 Vic,

Great info, thanks for that, but:

Re No.4: For the primary applicant IELTS is not required, but for secondary applicants IELTS can be required.

Just to add info that can be important for some people here :-)

Guest Vince887

Hello,

i'm new to this forum, i'm currently holding 487 and i have applied for my 887 visa on 08/03/13. this is my 12th week waiting now and still have nothing from immi department yet. I have called them up several times but got the same answer 'keep waiting'.

i have undertake the medical health check, got the result envelope and have posted to the immi. hopefully, everything is fine and my application get allocated soon.

good luck guys.

Vincent

Guest Vince887

Hello all,

Anybody know if you have to pay for the second instalment of $4250 when 887 visa granted? I have paid two years ago $3060 for my current 487 visa and also paid $325 when I lodged my 887 application 3 months ago online.

Any answer would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest violetrose

Anybody know if you have to pay for the second instalment of $4250 when 887 visa granted? I have paid two years ago $3060 for my current 487 visa and also paid $325 when I lodged my 887 application 3 months ago online.

Any answer would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Vince,

Unless you have a dependent aged 18 or over who has less than functional English on this application it seems to me that you don't have to pay.

Here is the link and what it says below: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i0113.pdf

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) and Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) visa holders who:

• paid the second instalment of the Visa Application Charge in respect of their first provisional visa; and

• are applying for:

– a second provisional visa, or

– permanent residence;

will not be required to pay the second instalment of the Visa Application Charge for the subsequent visa application.

Guest violetrose

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but I have been reading all the postings on this thread and it has been quite a helpful journey. I came here on a 475 visa and was granted an extension under 489 last year. I have just applied for 887 on 21st May 2013. My daughter studies in the US and has been granted a Bridging visa B to travel for 12 months with multiple entry. Due to a DIAC system defect my application was made to ASPC via a paper application. I am wondering if anyone knows the current processing time frame for an 887 paper application. My real worry right now is my daughter cannot return to Australia until December '13/ January '14 and are they likely to process it before that...has anyone here done an 887 paper application? I would appreciate any feedback here. Thanks a lot

Guest SRAZ

Hi Violetrose...i am in the same boat as you.

I applied paper application. Reason being they changed 475 category to 489 and online application wont recongnise 475...albeit they have 475 application on online. i spend 2 weeks with immigration over phone and pysically visiting them and with immi regiestered agents...but end up on paper application...

the other reason they told me was that I had new born in oct'12 (born in Singapore and i applied for his 475 visa but as the visa category has been changed so he was granted 489).

I applied in Dec'12 and case officer was allocated in feb'13 and then they required all that police clearances...as of now still waiting for approval as case officer said he will update if anything else is required.

hope this helps...there is no difference between paper lodgement/online application apart that it takes 1-2 weeks extra time to reach to department.

Hi all, I'm new here.

Lodged application of 887 on 4/3/2013 and still waiting to be allocated.

The status online still showing the date of allocation is 5 Jan and I reckon that the process of this category ceased somehow at the moment and last time I called the immi office a guy said you prolly have to wait till June to get it moving, as is suggested by Rajne previously.

Keep updated everyone and fingers crossed >_<

Guest violetrose

Hi SRAZ,

Thanks for the reply. It was a very stressful experience just to find out why my online application would not go through. I sat at the DIAC office for 4 hours only to be given a phone number to call and nobody answered the phone for almost 45 minutes and I gave up. Then I went to Level 4 to the courier / mail window counter, 2 ladies there were extremely helpful and told me exactly what to do, I was saved the 2 weeks experience that you had. I think the best way is to write an e-mail to Skill Select Support, which I did and they replied 3 days later but I already had all the answers I wanted. Well anyway my paper application was lodged the next day and I got the acknowledgement and bridging visa. I am in a unique situation, if they are not going to process it within the next 2 weeks then I would rather they take 6 months because my daughter can only return in December. My application is all in order, I have all police clearances done, my daughter's medicals were done last year for the 489 and is still valid and all the requirements attached, so really it is just a matter of ticking the boxes but looks like from the experience of everyone here, it is now a waiting game and it ain't going to happen within the next 2 weeks. I hope you get your visas soon SRAZ.

Even if they speed things up from June onwards, there is just a lot of backlog for them to clear, so it looks like it is going to take time.

Guest Vince887

Hi JoL,

We are on the same boat, i lodged my application on the 8/03 and same to you, i'm still waiting to be allocated. Have anyone else got applications allocated lately???? please share???

Cheers,

Guest SRAZ

Trust me..you can never predict how long immi will take...i waited 3+ years for 475...thaought guideline was 8months :(

and as per guideline they should finalise 887 in 6 months...no point of getting worried cause its out of your control and you really are helpless...

i applied in Dec and still no answer...and one guy in thread apply in jan and he got it in May...so all luck :)

According to MOODY's case, i would say after being allocated the chance of getting granted within 2 or 3 weeks is big, but it really depends on the officer.

If i got any updates on anyone getting allocated after 5 Jan, will let ya know