887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

18 minutes ago, SYD said:

Hi Guys, 

I have been a silent follower of this forum for the past 2-3 months. Below is my timeline.

Our application included 1 main applicant (me) and 5 secondary applicants.  

Applied : 12 Oct 2017. 

We saw the medical HAP letters in the immi account and did our medicals in November even before the CO asking, later on I read on this forum that it was not necessary, but it's ok.

Co Contacted (Sophorn) : 16 March 2018 and asked for the following documents, 

• AFP : Names as per passport for all the family members (Although the names were matching exactly as per passport). I emailed the CO within 5 mins of receiving the documents request email for clarification on what is meant by 'Names as per passport' because the names were exactly the same, but didn't get any reply from them till date. I called them, waited in the queue for 40 mins and spoke to the most arrogant customer service professional of my life, she just said wait for the email reply. We didn't want to start any argument so we did the PC again with my wife's pre marital name included in her's and the other ones exactly the same as before. 

May be the CO had difficulty reading and could not read our names from the passport. 

• Transcript for my wife's degree under the section (Evidence of Functional English). She completed her degree way back in 1991 and it literally took us ages to find her student number and we had to contact our relatives back in Pakistan to get that arranged for us. This whole process took around 20 days of our time. 

• Evidence of Functional English for my two sons, one has just completed VCE and the other one is currently in year 12. We had to contact our daughter (non migrating family member) back in Pakistan to visit our primary school and get the letter issued for my sons for the evidence of English and we got the same letter from the school here as well (although the school administration was quite surprised on the request)

We uploaded all the documents on 12 April 2018. 

Grant emails received : 14th May 2018. 

Although, according to the forum's timeline I had an estimate of 11 weeks time in my mind from the documents request date which was 16th March, to the grant.

So My estimate was around 20-25 May for the Grant, but sooner the better!

Best of Luck Everyone for your Grants!

Hope this will help someone in the same situation as ours. My key was to avoid arguments with the COs and do whatever they are asking. 

congrats 

23 minutes ago, SYD said:

Hi Guys, 

I have been a silent follower of this forum for the past 2-3 months. Below is my timeline.

Our application included 1 main applicant (me) and 5 secondary applicants.  

Applied : 12 Oct 2017. 

We saw the medical HAP letters in the immi account and did our medicals in November even before the CO asking, later on I read on this forum that it was not necessary, but it's ok.

Co Contacted (Sophorn) : 16 March 2018 and asked for the following documents, 

• AFP : Names as per passport for all the family members (Although the names were matching exactly as per passport). I emailed the CO within 5 mins of receiving the documents request email for clarification on what is meant by 'Names as per passport' because the names were exactly the same, but didn't get any reply from them till date. I called them, waited in the queue for 40 mins and spoke to the most arrogant customer service professional of my life, she just said wait for the email reply. We didn't want to start any argument so we did the PC again with my wife's pre marital name included in her's and the other ones exactly the same as before. 

May be the CO had difficulty reading and could not read our names from the passport. 

• Transcript for my wife's degree under the section (Evidence of Functional English). She completed her degree way back in 1991 and it literally took us ages to find her student number and we had to contact our relatives back in Pakistan to get that arranged for us. This whole process took around 20 days of our time. 

• Evidence of Functional English for my two sons, one has just completed VCE and the other one is currently in year 12. We had to contact our daughter (non migrating family member) back in Pakistan to visit our primary school and get the letter issued for my sons for the evidence of English and we got the same letter from the school here as well (although the school administration was quite surprised on the request)

We uploaded all the documents on 12 April 2018. 

Grant emails received : 14th May 2018. 

Although, according to the forum's timeline I had an estimate of 11 weeks time in my mind from the documents request date which was 16th March, to the grant.

So My estimate was around 20-25 May for the Grant, but sooner the better!

Best of Luck Everyone for your Grants!

Hope this will help someone in the same situation as ours. My key was to avoid arguments with the COs and do whatever they are asking. 

Congrats mate!!!! Enjoy...

2 hours ago, S_SHAH said:

Government considers forcing regional migrants to stay rural

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/government-considers-forcing-regional-migrants-to-stay-rural

Hope it will not affect the ones who have already applied or will be asked to withdraw to cater for the new rules. Does anyone know when the rules will be implemented or the effective date? Don't see any updates on the Department of Home Affairs news page.

1 minute ago, Nee_778 said:

Hope it will not affect the ones who have already applied or will be asked to withdraw to cater for the new rules. Does anyone know when the rules will be implemented or the effective date? Don't see any updates on the Department of Home Affairs news page.

The article says they considering. So, it won't be in effect anytime soon 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gur 87 said:

Stay Positive . You’ll be fine ?

I'm trying to mate... My application is still on the received state.

According to our spreadsheet, COs contacted all members up to me. It makes me so anxious now ?  

SinXx anything from your side? Seems like that person is not a member of this thread or at least he/she is using a different username

20 hours ago, Manisha said:

Hello everyone 

I got an email from my agent. He requested for proof of working in regional area.

My contracts, payslip, PAGY statement, bank statement 

I have already subbmit them before but they requested again. 

Also asked for spouse ielts which is now expired. How can i prove functional english.

Really stressed. 

Hi Manisha,

At the time of 887 visa lodging, had IELTS been expired ? 

Anyway it should be within 1 year when you apply 887 visa. 

7 minutes ago, slvicky said:

According to our spreadsheet, COs contacted all members up to me. It makes me so anxious now ?  

SinXx anything from your side? Seems like that person is not a member of this thread or at least he/she is using a different username

Looks like a direct grant is on its way! Stay positive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Anyway SinXx  has updated the spreadsheet saying that  ' NO CO YET ? ' 

49 minutes ago, slvicky said:

There must be more applicants who are not on this forum. So sit back and wait ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AMDG said:

Oh no! They have just extended the processing times again!

Last updated: 15 May 2018 (for month ending 30 April 2018)

Picture1.jpg

its shocking. it was 9 to 11 months last week when i checked. by the time my turn comes processing time (waiting time) will b 1.5 years i guess !!!??

23 hours ago, Manisha said:

Hello everyone 

I got an email from my agent. He requested for proof of working in regional area.

My contracts, payslip, PAGY statement, bank statement 

I have already subbmit them before but they requested again. 

Also asked for spouse ielts which is now expired. How can i prove functional english.

Really stressed. 

Hi Manisha,

I am not sure but before sometime you were worried for form 80 not submitted with application right? Did they asked for it or you have submitted before CO assign. 

On 5/14/2018 at 3:40 PM, Daniyal said:

Hello everyone,

I just received my 887 just now, thank you everyone,this forum was very  helpful, patience paid off.

Applied: 02 aug

Grant: 14 may

Hi Daniyal, did you submitted form 80?

8 hours ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

This is so strange and fails to understand, what exactly CO's are expecting from us. As an instance:
Manisha, our group member already provided contracts, payslip, PAGY summary and bank statement to prove 1 year work but still they ask further documents to prove 1 year work..
?

Hi

My agent didnt upload my contract, i dont know why 

I gave my form 80 which he haven't uploaded as well 

I got all doc but my agent told me they dont ask for them 

So frustrated. So i gave my docs again n as asked him to upload. 

But now again my husband has to sit for ielts as his previous ielts is more than 12 months old 

14 minutes ago, Manisha said:

Hi

My agent didnt upload my contract, i dont know why 

I gave my form 80 which he haven't uploaded as well 

I got all doc but my agent told me they dont ask for them 

So frustrated. So i gave my docs again n as asked him to upload. 

But now again my husband has to sit for ielts as his previous ielts is more than 12 months old 

Hi Manisha,

3 hours ago, Tsep said:

Hi Manisha,

I am not sure but before sometime you were worried for form 80 not submitted with application right? Did they asked for it or you have submitted before CO assign. 

I supplied all my docs but my agent didnt uploaded coz he thinks they r not necessary. I also supplied form 80 before co was assigned but again my agent didnt upload.

Guys i was stupid that i didnt apply myself 

Its not hard to apply by urself, but if anyone choose to apply through agent plz also keep a track what they r uploading n what needs to be uploaded.

All the best eveyone 

6 minutes ago, DarDec said:

Hi Manisha,

Its more than 2 years old but less than 3 years 

So i guess its expired 

N my agent didnt told me about this as well otherwise we would have given ielts earlier