887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest ricky_hope1

Hi, Anyone know if bank Statements can be valid proof for address in visa 887. Has anyone used bank statements ever as proof for residence..I have bank statement , some letter from tax office and age card as proof of my address. Will that be enough for immigration dept...

Guest Etienne

Rumours starting to surface that the delay is because of the current wave of migrants coming here by Boat which is pulling all DIAC resources so they have now all but stopped prcessing of most conventional immigration visas including 887. This is VERY frustrating!

Guest Vince887

Hello ricky hope 1

i think bank statement is OK for proof of address residential. I used my school letter and phone bill as my proof of address. As long as in letter have your address, that should be fine.

​cheers

Guest Rajne
Rumours starting to surface that the delay is because of the current wave of migrants coming here by Boat which is pulling all DIAC resources so they have now all but stopped prcessing of most conventional immigration visas including 887. This is VERY frustrating!

Refugees have been arriving to Aus for more then a decade .. this has never stopped immi from processing Visas.. I dont believe that this is the cause of the delay...

Certain Sub classes may have been stopped because ... Immi has started processing Catagory 5 Applications last yr about Sep 2012 and they are trying to clear most of the backlogs .. Some application are from june 2009

Seach in Google "Catogory 5 processing " You will see people are getting their visas now .. And quite fast too..

My prediction is ... They might start processing 887 visa's in the month of July cos July is the start of the financial yr and usually they concentrate on other visas i.e 887 and so ... !!

Edited by Rajne

Refugees have been arriving to Aus for more then a decade .. this has never stopped immi from processing Visas.. I dont believe that this is the cause of the delay...

Certain Sub classes may have been stopped because ... Immi has started processing Catagory 5 Applications last yr about Sep 2012 and they are trying to clear most of the backlogs .. Some application are from june 2009

Seach in Google "Catogory 5 processing " You will see people are getting their visas now .. And quite fast too..

My prediction is ... They might start processing 887 visa's in the month of July cos July is the start of the financial yr and usually they concentrate on other visas i.e 887 and so ... !!

Got quite stuck here. Can't concentrate on work at the moment and can not commit to anything else so far due to the delay of the visa grant. Some of my friends already got Bridging B and went back. I think Rjane's right about immi starting up to clear the backlogs the problem is how soon will they start on 887 again? Previously said allocation within 8 wks and now that didn't count, that's quite depressing.

Guest ricky_hope1
Hello ricky hope 1

i think bank statement is OK for proof of address residential. I used my school letter and phone bill as my proof of address. As long as in letter have your address, that should be fine.

​cheers

Thanks Vince,

phone bills you used were landline bills or cellphone bills?

Thanks Vince,

hi ricky, I used bank statements along with the cellphone bills together, dun need to provide them on monthly base, every 3-4 months should be fine.

Guest jamil
@Rajne

have they stopped allocating all NEW applications or application after 5/01/2013? I am sure the one case officers has been alloated they will be working on it and will be finalising asap???

I applied 887 visa on 19 Aug 2012 and still waiting from last 9 months to grant . although Co assigned after a week. and i E-mailed him couple of times that this visa takes maximum 6 months. But he replied with the same message every time. Which is

Dear Sir,

The department recognises that the time taken to process your application may be causing you concern.

We are seeking to finalise your application as soon as possible. You will appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on their individual merits and against legal requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation.

A time frame for the finalisation of your visa application can not be provided however if further information is required we will contact you.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Kind regards

I don't know what to do... any one can help me out.... please

Guest Rajne

I applied 887 visa on 19 Aug 2012 and still waiting from last 9 months to grant . although Co assigned after a week. and i E-mailed him couple of times that this visa takes maximum 6 months. But he replied with the same message every time. Which is

Dear Sir,

The department recognises that the time taken to process your application may be causing you concern.

We are seeking to finalise your application as soon as possible. You will appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on their individual merits and against legal requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation.

A time frame for the finalisation of your visa application can not be provided however if further information is required we will contact you.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Kind regards

I don't know what to do... any one can help me out.... please

Jamil Why are you posting the same post many times .... !!!

Call them directly and see if you can get thru to your CO

Regards,

​Rajne

Edited by Rajne

Guest Vince887

Hello Jamil,

I understand how you feel, 9 months such a very long time to wait. I waited 11 months for my last 487 visa application last two years.

cheers,

Edited by Vince887

Jamil Why are you posting the same post many times .... !!!

Call them directly and see if you can get thru to your CO

Regards,

​Raj

Agree. Just get the CO number and make a direct call. 9 months is not what it usually takes.

As far as I know back to Sep last year, normally it would take couple of weeks or up to 3 months.

Guest Rajne
Thanks Vince,

For address proof you can also use ATO tax return , vehicle rego and any document which has your name and address on it ..

Guest ricky_hope1
For address proof you can also use ATO tax return , vehicle rego and any document which has your name and address on it ..

You are right, I will be using ATO tax return & license etc,,,but these are only communications ,, I have lease documents for 1.5 yr but for 6 months i was living with a friend & don't have anything else then bank statements/ATO letters/communication from transport office/super company communications & payslips showing my address.I was wondering will that be enough as proof for that period.

Guest jamil
For address proof you can also use ATO tax return , vehicle rego and any document which has your name and address on it .. ​

if you provide any document which confirm your two years stay ... is enough.......

Only the problem is they are taking so much time to finalization.. might be security checks which is not in their hand

Guest jamil
Have you tried to call immi and escalate this?

yes joe, i did this one too. and talked to my Co.... and he given me the same sort of story which he was described in my return email..

Guest jamil
You are right, I will be using ATO tax return & license etc,,,but these are only communications ,, I have lease documents for 1.5 yr but for 6 months i was living with a friend & don't have anything else then bank statements/ATO letters/communication from transport office/super company communications & payslips showing my address.I was wondering will that be enough as proof for that period.

Do you have a car from last 2 years or any bill or payslips

Guest ricky_hope1
Do you have a car from last 2 years or any bill or payslips

I don't have car but got couple of telephone bills as previously i was using prepaid. Also I have payslips & job contract showing same address.

Guest MURALIGANESH

Yes I agree with Rajne., now my 475 expired and i am on bridging visa, lots of plans just stuck up because of this. i haven't been to my home country for last 2.5yrs, now i cant travel on my bridging visa.

God knows when they start processing our visas.., lets pray together and hope for the best..

Got quite stuck here. Can't concentrate on work at the moment and can not commit to anything else so far due to the delay of the visa grant. Some of my friends already got Bridging B and went back. I think Rjane's right about immi starting up to clear the backlogs the problem is how soon will they start on 887 again? Previously said allocation within 8 wks and now that didn't count, that's quite depressing.

Guest MURALIGANESH

did they request you for any information..?, one of my friends applied in aug 2012 and he got his visa in 45days. Wait for some time and call your CO again and request him, tell him problems you are facing and try to get the information why u r on hold.

All the best

i am waiting from last 9 months... no result

Guest Rajne

Hi Murali Ganash ,

You can apply for bridging visa b to travel ... It will not affect your visa process...

And for everyone..

Immi are now asking police checks for countries you have live before.... Even you have not left aus for few yrs...So if any one lived in a different country for work... It is wise to apply for police check for that country...this will make visa processing faster.....