887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Yaaay!!! Just when I decided to continue sipping my drink, I received a mail from immi. My heart flattered and I thought, "this can't be good". I checked well and there were 3 golden love letters from the Department of Home Affairs, CO Dat. My family and I are now proud Permanent Residents of Australia[emoji1037]. Here I was, thinking the COs have started an early weekend. Alas, my weekend is starting tonight and I'm not working tomorrow. Oh what a feeling!!! [emoji4]
My advise, keep on sipping lots of juice[emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]!!! lol[emoji12]

Good on ya mate. Pass on the juice buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, alexoir said:

Yaaay!!! Just when I decided to continue sipping my drink, I received a mail from immi. My heart flattered and I thought, "this can't be good". I checked well and there were 3 golden love letters from the Department of Home Affairs, CO Dat. My family and I are now proud Permanent Residents of Australia??. Here I was, thinking the COs have started an early weekend. Alas, my weekend is starting tonight and I'm not working tomorrow. Oh what a feeling!!! ?

My advise, keep on sipping lots of juice???!!! lol?

Congrats Mate!!!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, alexoir said:

Yaaay!!! Just when I decided to continue sipping my drink, I received a mail from immi. My heart flattered and I thought, "this can't be good". I checked well and there were 3 golden love letters from the Department of Home Affairs, CO Dat. My family and I are now proud Permanent Residents of Australia??. Here I was, thinking the COs have started an early weekend. Alas, my weekend is starting tonight and I'm not working tomorrow. Oh what a feeling!!! ?

Congrats mate!!!! ?

• Thanks 1

Yaaay!!! Just when I decided to continue sipping my drink, I received a mail from immi. My heart flattered and I thought, "this can't be good". I checked well and there were 3 golden love letters from the Department of Home Affairs, CO Dat. My family and I are now proud Permanent Residents of Australia[emoji1037]. Here I was, thinking the COs have started an early weekend. Alas, my weekend is starting tonight and I'm not working tomorrow. Oh what a feeling!!! [emoji4]
My advise, keep on sipping lots of juice[emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]!!! lol[emoji12]
Congrats mate :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alexoir said:

Congratulations mate, I am happy for you. 

• Thanks 1

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I have lodged my 887 application in May and my 489 visa is valid till 15 August 2018. A quick question. Does the 887 visa, once granted have any conditions with regard to working and living location? That is, since I am currently holding 489, will the 887 visa confine me to Regional Areas only or can I then work and live in the metros?

Hope people who already have been granted the 887 visa can clear this.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Giri

Hi eveyone,

I'm new here, but I have been waiting for almost 1 year now...

Accodring to the CO's email, after the CO requested additional information, there will be 28 days waiting time  by default.

Anyone has any idea when the case will be in the queue again for COs to pick up again after they requested more docs? when we pushed the "I confirm I have provided information as requested" or when we uploaded the document, will that resets the application waiting time ?

My application:

Applied at 12/07/2017

CO Requested Wife's English Proficency, Updated PCC & On Shore at 19/10/2017

CO Request Wife's Updated PCC again & On shore at 24/01/2018, uploaded the PCC @ 05 Feb 2018 and clicked the "I confirm I have provided information as requested" bottom @ 26/04/2018, and uploaded the updated AFP & PCC @ 22/05/2018 again.

Still waiting. 

Thanks

Johnson

1 hour ago, Giri P S said:

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I have lodged my 887 application in May and my 489 visa is valid till 15 August 2018. A quick question. Does the 887 visa, once granted have any conditions with regard to working and living location? That is, since I am currently holding 489, will the 887 visa confine me to Regional Areas only or can I then work and live in the metros?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Giri

Hey Giri, 

Keep working in C/H.

20 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Hi eveyone,

Accodring to the CO's email, after the CO requested additional information, there will be 28 days waiting time  by default.

Anyone has any idea when the case will be in the queue again for COs to pick up again after they requested more docs? when we pushed the "I confirm I have provided information as requested" or when we uploaded the document, will that resets the application waiting time ?

My application:

Applied at 12/07/2017

CO Request Wife's Updated PCC again & On shore at 24/01/2018, uploaded the PCC @ 05 Feb 2018 and clicked the "I confirm I have provided information as requested" bottom @ 26/04/2018, and uploaded the updated AFP & PCC @ 22/05/2018 again.

Still waiting. 

Thanks

Johnson

Hi Johnson,

Sorry to hear that. We are also waiting since long. Applied in sep, co allocated on 12 dec, after that CO didnt pick our file.

I have one question - when CO last time asked for documents? Did they ask anything after 24 jan 2018?

All the best

Thanks

Hi eveyone,
My application:
Applied at 12/07/2017
Still waiting. 
Thanks
Johnson
I suggest you to call immigration tomorrow morning exactly at 8 30 am in the morning. Tell your case to the attender. Tell him that your case is pending almost one year. Definitely they will forward your case to CO and you may get your PR by tomorrow. When I called the immigration, attender said the case will forwarded to CO only if it Exceeds one year. You have high chance. Do call them and let us know the outcome.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, deftown said:

I suggest you to call immigration tomorrow morning exactly at 8 30 am in the morning. Tell your case to the attender. Tell him that your case is pending almost one year. Definitely they will forward your case to CO and you may get your PR by tomorrow. When I called the immigration, attender said the case will forwarded to CO only if it Exceeds one year. You have high chance. Do call them and let us know the outcome.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. Just call Immi yesterday, and the operator said that my case is still in the "9-12 month" range, so nothing he could do but ask me to wait...? I will try to call them again tomorrow morning anyway, sometime I found different operators have different "heart"?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SK10 said:

Hi Johnson,

Sorry to hear that. We are also waiting since long. Applied in sep, co allocated on 12 dec, after that CO didnt pick our file.

I have one question - when CO last time asked for documents? Did they ask anything after 24 jan 2018?

All the best

Thanks

Hey,

Nothing from the CO after 24/01/2018 and the CO is Dat...

Cheers

25 minutes ago, SK10 said:

Hi Johnson,

All the best

Thanks

Guess I shouldn't upload any documents execpt the ones they asked...

1 hour ago, Giri P S said:

Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Giri

Hi Giri, as soon as you get your 887 (PR)  there will be no restrictions on where you work and live!  ?? It can be anywhere in Australia.  

5 hours ago, alexoir said:

Congratulations dear.......

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, alexoir said:

Congrats mate!

• Thanks 1