887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, dar8 said:

I also beleive  this is either 489 or while 887 is pending , because 887 is a permanent residency visa and no need to get firb approval , i enquired about obtaining a home loan from a broker and their suggestion was to wait until we get the 887 pr or alternatively we can go ahead with firb and a big deposit (which includes an insurance i think) . 

Hi Dar, 

sorry i did get home loan on 489, yes 887 is PR itself so u get 95% home loan and no stamp duty for first home buyer. 

also if you purchasing property in sydney or in NSW they have waived off stamp duty. 

1 hour ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

I think neel has confusion between bridging visa and 887.... as soon as we apply our 887 be are granted bridging visa a/b .

you @su89 are right 887 is a PR.

lol yes mind not working bro!!! i applied home loan with 489. not on 887.

43 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Dear All,

I am kind of expert on property related matter as I am huge victim.

Anyone who applied for 887 visa and got bridging visa doesn’t effect until the 489 visa valid. Any temporary visa holder government treated as a foreign person. So anyone purchased or signed any kind of agreement must need to follow the following rules.

A.      Must need to FIRB approval which cost around $5000.00

+

B.      Full Stamp Duty (No one get any first home owner benefit.

+

C.      Surcharge Duty: If anyone purchased property from 1st july 2016 to 30th June 2017 need to pay additional 4% (of total property price surcharge). If property price 500000.00 need to pay additionally $20000.

Or

Anyone purchased property from 1st july 2017 to 30th June 2018 need to pay additional 8% (of total property price surcharge). This mean property

This mean if you pucharged a property during TR you have to pay $500000.00 worth property additionally + $24000 stamp duty+ FIRB $5000 + Surcharge due depend 4% or 8 % of $20000 or $40000.00 Total $549000 or $569000.00

I have done a settlement of our property after 6 month later my mother f’’ker solicitor called me and said I Have to pay the surcharged duty of $20000 additionally and he reported on review in Revenue NSW and currently I am fighing with this. 

Recomondation not to buy or signed any contract during TR.

Yes bro same thing happened to me and my husband, we went to solicitor to sign the papers the apartment was under $500,000 as per new rule we had to pay $13,000. 

we also paid 20% deposit on the property, wasn't really worth it, ( will not suggest anyone to get into this till you get PR). 

Worst is that, the price didn't went up much, an renovation cost is hitting my head high. a PR soon, may solve my miseries of this , and will sell this and move back to Sydney. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone

I have been a curious follower of this group and wanted to share something with you about the new bill amendment coming up, looks like some one has taken this issue to the parliament and I think we should help this fella

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Petitions/House_of_Representatives_Petitions/Petitions_General/Sign_an_e-petition?id=EN0634

I would request everyone to sign this petition and share it with others so we may have more people supporting this petition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi Nelakash,

Let's say you buy a land in installments. You signed a contract now while you are in TR and full payment is made after 2 years. By the time you title the land, you became PR.My question is why do we need to pay surcharge when the land is not titled to your name and you haven't paid full payment?

Dear Deftown,

If you signed any kinds of agreement or contract related property or land you must need to get FIRB approval prior sign the contract. Once you signed the contract by law you need to pay the stamp duty + surcharge within 3 months time. Sometimes land might take longer time for settlement. If you get ur PR prior settlement you will be eligible for surcharge duty refund. Or if you get the land settlement prior ur PR then you surcharge duty won't be refundable. If anyone breach this law have to suffer the criminal penalty or civil penalty

https://firb.gov.au/resources/guidance/gn01/ (Overview)

https://firb.gov.au/resources/guidance/gn11/ ( Penalties and offences for non-compliance)

Regarding surcharge duty refund follow are the link

http://www.revenue.nsw.gov.au/taxes/spd

Are refunds given when the property is transferred to persons who are no longer foreign on transfer?

Yes. If surcharge has been paid on an agreement for sale or transfer of residential related property, and the Chief Commissioner is satisfied that none of the transferees, in respect of a transfer made in conformity or partial conformity with the agreement, are foreign persons, a refund may be sought once all transferees are registered on title.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anonymous2017 said:

Hi everyone

I have been a curious follower of this group and wanted to share something with you about the new bill amendment coming up, looks like some one has taken this issue to the parliament and I think we should help this fella

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Petitions/House_of_Representatives_Petitions/Petitions_General/Sign_an_e-petition?id=EN0634

I would request everyone to sign this petition and share it with others so we may have more people supporting this petition.

Thank you mate. I have been looking if there are any petitions but couldnt find any. thank you and signed already ? fingers crossed - if you see any updates anywhere please dont forget to share with us

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Anonymous2017 said:

Hi everyone

SIGNED IT. Till now signed by only 3 people.

Hi everyone
Signed it :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Dear Deftown,

If you signed any kinds of agreement or contract related property or land you must need to get FIRB approval prior sign the contract. Once you signed the contract by law you need to pay the stamp duty + surcharge within 3 months time. Sometimes land might take longer time for settlement. If you get ur PR prior settlement you will be eligible for surcharge duty refund. Or if you get the land settlement prior ur PR then you surcharge duty won't be refundable. If anyone breach this law have to suffer the criminal penalty or civil penalty

https://firb.gov.au/resources/guidance/gn01/ (Overview)

https://firb.gov.au/resources/guidance/gn11/ ( Penalties and offences for non-compliance)

Regarding surcharge duty refund follow are the link

http://www.revenue.nsw.gov.au/taxes/spd

Are refunds given when the property is transferred to persons who are no longer foreign on transfer?

Yes. If surcharge has been paid on an agreement for sale or transfer of residential related property, and the Chief Commissioner is satisfied that none of the transferees, in respect of a transfer made in conformity or partial conformity with the agreement, are foreign persons, a refund may be sought once all transferees are registered on title.

Did that

4 hours ago, deftown said:

Hi Mel887,

From the spreadsheet i got to know that you have applied for 887 on 13/06/2018. If your visa 489 is still valid, then your bridging visa will not come into effect. Neither 489 nor Bridging Visa-A doesn't allow you to access any centrelink benefits. May be centrelink officers misunderstood that you have got your 887 visa (PR). Please clarify with them once more.

No I clearly told that I have just applied and she was fully aware of the 887 application not the grant... 

but after reading comments, I will again get back to them..

and just for the info

they created my Centrelink account and I have successfully logged in too and yes one more thing

she said you are not eligible for parenting payment but yes for child care.. 

if anybody already lodged a claim, please throw some light..

thanks

On 6/19/2018 at 5:02 PM, Johnson said:

Hey AHP,

As the other members said, just give it a go, be polite, and you will not lose anything. My feeling is that if your application total waiting time is long than the visa processing time published on homeaffairs website, they will be very likely to give the CO a nudge.  

Hi everyone,

Today, I made a call and ........................................... We just got our 4 email granted! (received them at 16:15) .
Thanks to everyone who provided me useful information.  And special thanks to @Johnson@Tpsk, @su89

Good luck to you, all my friends.

887 /Applied at 22/09/2017  | 1st CO Dat  request 31/01/2018  | 2nd CO Dat request 22/03/2018  |CO Dat Granted at 20/06/2018

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AHP said:

Hi everyone,

Today, I made a call and ........................................... We just got our 4 email granted! (received them at 16:15) .
Thanks to everyone who provided me useful information.  And special thanks to @Johnson@Tpsk, @su89

887 /Applied at 22/09/2017  | 1st CO Dat  request 31/01/2018  | 2nd CO Dat request 22/03/2018  |CO Dat Granted at 20/06/2018

Congrats mate 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mel 887 said:

No I clearly told that I have just applied and she was fully aware of the 887 application not the grant... 

but after reading comments, I will again get back to them..

and just for the info

they created my Centrelink account and I have successfully logged in too and yes one more thing

she said you are not eligible for parenting payment but yes for child care.. 

if anybody already lodged a claim, please throw some light..

thanks

Mel 887,

I am interested to know about this. After applying we have got the medicare but Child Care and Family Tax Credit is a total surprise. Can you confirm?

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who provided me useful information.  And special thanks to [mention=3271]Johnson[/mention] , [mention=3028]Tpsk[/mention], [mention=2978]su89[/mention]

Really happy for you... congrats! After a stressful wait now you can celebrate!

Lesson for us-those who are waiting -if we keep an eye on processing times and if we find a gap like this we can ring them and query if they keep dragging processing our files.. atleast then they will pull out our files from the cupoards [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

Mel 887,

I am interested to know about this. After applying we have got the medicare but Child Care and Family Tax Credit is a total surprise. Can you confirm?

Lemme reconfirm once again

then I will get back to you..

Dear Seniors,

I am a 489 visa holder in Adelaide and planning to apply for 887 visa in a few days.

Below are my questions and looking forward for your advise. 

1. is it recommended to apply 887 visa through agent?

2.To save some dollars, can I apply 887 visa myself with the help of forums? How about the documentation such as certified, assessed etc etc.

3. Is it much complex and complicated?

Your help is much appreciated. 

Vinayak 

1 hour ago, AHP said:

Hi everyone,

Hi Ahp,

Many congrats. Enjoy your life.

Just one question - when ypu called, what they told you. I applied on 10th Sep and called immi today. They just again answered me same - still in processing time wait. Can you please tell me what they told you? Thanks.

Again congrats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHP said:

Hi everyone,

Congrates! Mate, so happy for you !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHP said:

Hi everyone,

Congratulation Mate, Enjoy your PR. 

I try to call today as well, I have called the 131 881 but there wasn't any option from answering machine related to my query. Could you please let us know what is a contact number and which option we should chose??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anonymous2017 said:

Hi everyone

Signed and shared.

3 hours ago, AHP said:

Hi everyone,

Congratulations mate. 

@Russki,

Please ring immi tommorrow morning ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1