887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 minute ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

Alright , just hanged up after a good chat and long discussion.

The operator was able to confirm the doc submitted relating to Debt to commonwealth have been received ( nothing to flash about that).

The operator , also suggested that i write a letter to the immi account requesting a speedy action ( as the delay was not on my part ).

The Operator further mentioned that he would not be able to escalate the case internally , as this is not the procedure and it is only possible if the application has been delayed considerable (3-4 month beyond the normal processing time).

But what he also mentioned that he could not see any other request for further doc and the process will take its due course and wished me all the best.

Wonder what do they call "normal processing time"? ? ? ? 

Will you be emailing CO team asap? ? Please do! ? We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Russki said:

Will you be emailing CO team asap? ? Please do! ? We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

I would email but do not see it affecting or escalating the case for a quicker action ,as the CO will pick the file when its time for him to do so.... any email might be only read then. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi Russki,

Any response from Kota? Don't know when DIBP will grant me PR...its more than 7 month when they asked for AFP. Some time its frustrating to wait.

Hoping for best for all of us. Thanks

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SK10 said:

Hi Russki,

Any response from Kota? Don't know what they will grant me PR...its more than 7 month when they asked for AFP. Some time its frustrating to wait.

Hoping for best for all of us. Thanks

I had no response from Kota, - it appears, he got communication from CO on 19th February, he registered on the forum on the same day, posted that one time and never been on the forum since. His dates were entered in the spreadsheet on same day, no news from him since. I assume, me may have gotten the grant ages ago... ? ? 

Please try not to stress. The long wait is getting to everyone at the moment, but see it as a quest and we are so close to the end. ? ?  

• Like 1

Just now, Russki said:

I had no response from Kota, - it appears, he got communication from CO on 19th February, he registered on the forum on the same day, posted that one time and never been on the forum since. His dates were entered in the spreadsheet on same day, no news from him since. I assume, me may have gotten the grant ages ago... ? ? 

Thanks Russki. Hope we all get there soon. Have a nice weekend.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

I would email but do not see it affecting or escalating the case for a quicker action ,as the CO will pick the file when its time for him to do so.... any email might be only read then. 

I see... ? Still think an email may be seen sooner and even actioned! ? You never know with them COs! ? ? ? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Honey said:

I mean it should be good for people who will grant today and we will get a feeling like we will be next ?

Yes, I hope today is a lucky day for one or two of us waiting! ? Our community needs good news to keep the spirits up. ? 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Russki said:

Friday the 13th.... ?? ? ? ? 

They have been giving enough horro to our lives lately - now Friday the 13th cant be any worse .. lol ..

Hope for the best though- this afternoon should fetch us two or three grants ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, toot said:

Just my opinion 

You should be fine with a general letter as long as you have some bills on that address. Phone bill, Car registration etc for that month.

Worst case scenario : They will ask for further docs, and then you must go to your friend and convince him for the statuary dec.

***If Statutory dec is impossible to obtain due to some issue; i think its better to stay 6 weeks. because, once applied you can only provide docs for the time before the application date. 

Good luck

Thank you so much for your valuable advice, I think I will stay another 6 weeks before submitting my application. Thank you 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Hi guys I go oversea for 3 weeks holiday on the first year, and 3 weeks on the second year. Do I need to make up the 6 weeks prior to submit my application ? Thank you 

Yes please it will be good to cover your time.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I am new here.As i am dependent on 489 and my visa condition says"Nil" as my partner's condition is" she must live and work in regional. We both live in regional (queanbeyan (NSW) 5km from Canberra ACT) but i work in Canberra. I know that she will be a main applicant for  887 in  November. will my work in different state have any impact on the application. Moreover my wifes employer provided accommodation and utility bills as we live in motel on site. but on her group  certificate never has any info about these living benefits .does anyone have any idea about fringe benefit tax?

Thanks 

JT

27 minutes ago, nirmal warring said:

Hi Guys

I am new here.As i am dependent on 489 and my visa condition says"Nil" as my partner's condition is" she must live and work in regional. We both live in regional (queanbeyan (NSW) 5km from Canberra ACT) but i work in Canberra. I know that she will be a main applicant for  887 in  November. will my work in different state have any impact on the application. Moreover my wifes employer provided accommodation and utility bills as we live in motel on site. but on her group  certificate never has any info about these living benefits .does anyone have any idea about fringe benefit tax?

Thanks 

JT

Hi JT,

Welcome to the forum .

the area you work - is it not in the designated area in your 489 visa ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, su89 said:

Hi JT,

Welcome to the forum .

the area you work - is it not in the designated area in your 489 visa ?

Hi Bro

I am dependent as i have no work condition as per my visa. i also called twice immi when i moved to austalia and they said the same thing. Although canberra is a regional too but main applicant (wife) is working in desginated area as per her visa condition.

Thanks

Thats news to me.. Iam also on 489 visa.. In my visa I have the same conditions as the main applicant.. So as far as I know conditions are same as both main applicant and dependant on the same visa.. then again I might be wrong.. I will also try to find more info.. meanwhile what does it say in your 489 visa grant?

Hi Bro
I am dependent as i have no work condition as per my visa. i also called twice immi when i moved to austalia and they said the same thing. Although canberra is a regional too but main applicant (wife) is working in desginated area as per her visa condition.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, su89 said:

Thats news to me.. Iam also on 489 visa.. In my visa I have the same conditions as the main applicant.. So as far as I know conditions are same as both main applicant and dependant on the same visa.. then again I might be wrong.. I will also try to find more info.. meanwhile what does it say in your 489 visa grant?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I think what he's trying to say is that 887 dependent doesn't have to show work proof.  Im assuming.