887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

6 minutes ago, DarDec said:

Is it within 12 months when you uploaded ? IELTS validiy now 12 moths mate. If it is expired, CO will request new one. 

image.png.5cc0028e17731cc3f288e3ccb21e86ba.png

Sorry just a misunderstanding from my side ? !! IELTS requirement is for spouse too, not for me. I had uploaded her High School Certificate, High School Mark sheet and TAFE Certificate while her IELTS was submitted at the time of 489 which is invalid now. 

Bingo!!!! ? ? I realised that it is a school holiday in SA and quite possibly COs are also on a break now with their kids! 

So - big hopes for the grant shower are now transferred to next week... ?

From VisaAustralia site: "However the time taken for the case officer to review the file once assigned or granting of the visa can depend on a number of factors such as their work load, their holidays, sick days, public holidays and in some cases Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) officers work job share so are only in the office 2, 3 or 4 days a week."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Russki said:

Bingo!!!! ? ? I realised that it is a school holiday in SA and quite possibly COs are also on a break now with their kids! 

From VisaAustralia site: "However the time taken for the case officer to review the file once assigned or granting of the visa can depend on a number of factors such as their work load, their holidays, sick days, public holidays and in some cases Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) officers work job share so are only in the office 2, 3 or 4 days a week."

lets pin hopes on the coming week, but there is still a long way to go in this week ..... A WHOLE DAY AND A BIT.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Russki said:

My observation is that we have only 16 name in the datasheet for January against 31 in December and many of them are not active even. That's why we have to wait for long time for grants. I guess CO's are definitely working on files and grants are not too far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am new to the forum, I am on 489 and will apply for 887 around Apr next year. But i don't have bank statements and work in tge first year. My agent suggested the statutory declaration from my house owner. Would it be strong enough??

And aslo will we need Ielts again when we apply for 887?

Thanks 

Hi All,
Yesterday I have contacted immigration to know the update of my visa. It’s my first-time Customer service person have taken my
details and told me to wait to check on my status. After 5 mins waiting, he telling me technical talk like
your file is not beyond the processing time frame Bla bla bla. I insist on him to clarify me about how DIBP
processing team works? He told me that each applicant file process by a team, not an individual person.
Depends on the file and the applicant scenario process can be different. That’s why now talking longer
time to finalize the case and we can’t 100% rely on our excel sheet data list serial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Hi All,
Yesterday I have contacted immigration to know the update of my visa. It’s my first-time Customer service person have taken my
details and told me to wait to check on my status. After 5 mins waiting, he telling me technical talk like
your file is not beyond the processing time frame Bla bla bla. I insist on him to clarify me about how DIBP
processing team works? He told me that each applicant file process by a team, not an individual person.
Depends on the file and the applicant scenario process can be different. That’s why now talking longer
time to finalize the case and we can’t 100% rely on our excel sheet data list serial.

Thanks nelakash and well done for going after them! We already talked about it here, on the forum: the immi have changed the process recently to team processing, this is why we now cannot say "my case officer", because you may end up having several case officers! ? But slow processing also for a number of other reasons, unfortunately... Hang in there! ? Next week - new hope! ? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Russki said:

Thanks nelakash and well done for going after them! We already talked about it here, on the forum: the immi have changed the process recently to team processing, this is why we now cannot say "my case officer", because you may end up having several case officers! ? But slow processing also for a number of other reasons, unfortunately... Hang in there! ? Next week - new hope! ? 

Yes, Russki you are right. like less staffs, the volume of applicant increase etc..

Again, this week our sand castle washed with the big wave. 

• Like 1

hi friends

i have a one query:

my file was opened last month and Co had asked me to provide more documents which i have already provided to them and now i am waiting

should i be happy that my case was opened ?should i think ,my decision will come soon or it does have any affect on the time frame cause i have seen people congratulating  to those whose case was open.

please someone explain the process for me

thanks 

all the best for everyone

2 hours ago, Russki said:

I need little advice here. I have provided them my partner's AFP with current name (after marriage name) 

Now they are asking for previous name so should i start applying with previous name

or

With current name and mention previous name during application. 

Hope it makes sense

??

1 hour ago, Khan90 said:

I need little advice here. I have provided them my partner's AFP with current name (after marriage name) 

Now they are asking for previous name so should i start applying with previous name

or

Hope it makes sense

??

Brother 

My suggestion will be both current and previous name afp u should do. AFP cost only $45 each name. We have already done too much donation, little more won’t bother us. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Khan90 said:

or

Hope it makes sense

??

Both names should be in one application: current and maiden (maiden under "other names known by" or something like this. ? 

I hope this is the last hurdle for you mate and next time the grant will come! ?