887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

they expired last month only .... only 20 days back....
Unfortunately have to do it mate. As you apply for a new ones they come with a new number for the passport. So they can give the permanent residence visa stating that passport number.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ram9025 said:

Hey all

just a doubt. Last 18 months I was on 489 visa. I haven’t travelled overseas. I’m planning a trip overseas for 3 weeks in a month time. Do I need to compensate those 3 weeks to lodge my 887? Your suggestions will highly regarded

You will be fine, as long as you paying your rent maintaining a address you don't need to compensate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ram9025 said:

Hey all

just a doubt. Last 18 months I was on 489 visa. I haven’t travelled overseas. I’m planning a trip overseas for 3 weeks in a month time. Do I need to compensate those 3 weeks to lodge my 887? Your suggestions will highly regarded

Hi Ram, 

DIBP allows you to travel 4 weeks per Calendar month. So ideally you dont have to worry about anything. 

Since its just 3 weeks, Id compensate it considering the peace of mind during the long 8 month wait.

Regards,

toot

• Like 3

I wish the same, they should start picking up the file quickly. I was wondering why they are really slow in process. Our condition is to stay 2 years in regional area, but now we are bound to stay more then 2 years . ?. Well they should hire more CO's  to speed up and indirectly create more employment. ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Angos said:

I wish the same, they should start picking up the file quickly. I was wondering why they are really slow in process. Our condition is to stay 2 years in regional area, but now we are bound to stay more then 2 years . ?. Well they should hire more CO's  to speed up and indirectly create more employment. ?

? ? ? That's the idea - to keep working migrants in regional areas for as looooong as possible!!! ? 

image.png.83ddb37a52396318f75df8ce4f07fd7c.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Angos said:

Tricking us !!!!! ?

It depends on person to person, and regional area to regional area as well. In my case, I am in regional area in South-East Queensland, near to Brisbane. I simply love here. We have got Uni here, awesome private schools, plenty of hospitals, plenty of Nursing jobs (my profession), and husband has stable IT job as well. I have been to Brisbane & Sydney, I find those places very crowded.

I am not planning to move anywhere even when my PR is granted.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

It depends on person to person, and regional area to regional area as well. In my case, I am in regional area in South-East Queensland, near to Brisbane. I simply love here. We have got Uni here, awesome private schools, plenty of hospitals, plenty of Nursing jobs (my profession), and husband has stable IT job as well. I have been to Brisbane & Sydney, I find those places very crowded.

I am not planning to move anywhere even when my PR is granted.

Hi peace-at-heart, absolutely agree. ? I am in Adelaide, and loving it! I have been to Sydney twice and although loved it, I wouldn't move there any time soon, it is too busy for my liking. ? 

But some people who are in the woop-woop and struggling - I kinda also understand them... ? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi peace-at-heart, absolutely agree. ? I am in Adelaide, and loving it! I have been to Sydney twice and although loved it, I wouldn't move there any time soon, it is too busy for my liking. ? 

But some people who are in the woop-woop and struggling - I kinda also understand them... ? 

I agree with Russki.. Even I am in adelaide ? and pretty happy. Its not about only me.. I was thinking about the people who really struggles to get the job. No offence but everyone is not lucky to get their field job. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Russki said:

My opinion is that every place where you got job is good . I also like Adelaide being quiet and peaceful place and specially when I got a job in somewhat related to my previous experience.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

My opinion is that every place where you got job is good . I also like Adelaide being quiet and peaceful place and specially when I got a job in somewhat related to my previous experience.

Bingo! ? Having a good job that you like and that pays well is definitely the key. ?