887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi

I am due to for my 887 visa as I have completed 2 years on 1 August, I travelled for 6 weeks continuous in these last 2 years(out of which 4 weeks were annual paid and 2 weeks were extended due to unforseen circumtances(death of father) . How long would I need to wait before lodging it?. Would those 6 weeks be counted towards my 2 years?. 

Also will health be required too?

Thankyou

4 minutes ago, Sam11 said:

Hi

I am due to for my 887 visa as I have completed 2 years on 1 August, I travelled for 6 weeks continuous in these last 2 years(out of which 4 weeks were annual paid and 2 weeks were extended due to unforseen circumtances(death of father) . How long would I need to wait before lodging it?. Would those 6 weeks be counted towards my 2 years?. 

Also will health be required too?

Thankyou

Hi Sam,

You can travel upto 4 weeks per Calendar year. So check if the 6 weeks fall into one Calendar Year.

Do a 2 weeks compensation so that you will be covered either way. 

The reason to not compensate full 6 weeks is that, considering how slow the process is and how tight they make this whole thing : earlier you apply the better it it.

Good luck.

Toot

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, toot said:

Hi Sam,

You can travel upto 4 weeks per Calendar year. So check if the 6 weeks fall into one Calendar Year.

Do a 2 weeks compensation so that you will be covered either way. 

The reason to not compensate full 6 weeks is that, considering how slow the process is and how tight they make this whole thing : earlier you apply the better it it.

Good luck.

Toot

Yes 6 weeks fall into one Calendar year for me. I have compensated 2 weeks starting from 31st July to 14 August. But I am just confused would I be penalized for continuous 6 weeks overseas(will my 4 weeks annual still be counted or it will not be considered because I lived more than 4weeks). Also I will still be living in regional because of my job and continuing my job even after I am granted visa). So would they consider the time that I have lived also after lodging my application?. 

Thankyou

6 minutes ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Yes. I was thinking of the same. Seems like she works when she feel like.
When  comes to office, she send documents request to applicant and then gets elope for weeks infact months..:-(

Oh..so she works part time (once in a month?)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sam11 said:

Yes 6 weeks fall into one Calendar year for me. I have compensated 2 weeks starting from 31st July to 14 August. But I am just confused would I be penalized for continuous 6 weeks overseas(will my 4 weeks annual still be counted or it will not be considered because I lived more than 4weeks). Also I will still be living in regional because of my job and continuing my job even after I am granted visa). So would they consider the time that I have lived also after lodging my application?

Thankyou

If it all falls on to same Calendar year do a full compensation to have a peace of mind.

Simply count 730 Days and prove.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam11 said:

Yes 6 weeks fall into one Calendar year for me. I have compensated 2 weeks starting from 31st July to 14 August. But I am just confused would I be penalized for continuous 6 weeks overseas(will my 4 weeks annual still be counted or it will not be considered because I lived more than 4weeks). Also I will still be living in regional because of my job and continuing my job even after I am granted visa). So would they consider the time that I have lived also after lodging my application?. 

Thankyou

Hey Sam, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the immi will not account for your time spent in regional area after lodging your application. They only look at time before lodging. Definitely. ? This is why I think you have a couple of options:

1. To compensate for your time away and lodge your application with a peace of mind (as per @toot's advice).

2. You can apply earlier and do all the explanations in your application: why you were away for additional 2 weeks after your annual leave. ? Most likely you will not have problems, as you maintained your residency status and kept your work place  in the prescribed regional area all the time. CO will see that. But in this scenario you it will still be up to a particular CO to decide whether you have met the residency requirement or not. So imagine CO Adam picks up your file and says: "yes, all good - grant". Or if say CO Dat picks up your file he may decide: "no, residency requirement is not met - refuse". There are no guarantees, that's what I am saying. But something is telling me, 6 weeks absence in your case is totally fine. ? ? ? 

Good luck with whatever you decide mate. ? ??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Russki said:

Hey Sam, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the immi will not account for your time spent in regional area after lodging your application. They only look at time before lodging. Definitely. ? This is why I think you have a couple of options:

1. To compensate for your time away and lodge your application with a peace of mind (as per @toot's advice).

2. You can apply earlier and do all the explanations in your application: why you were away for additional 2 weeks after your annual leave. ? Most likely you will not have problems, as you maintained your residency status and kept your work place  in the prescribed regional area all the time. CO will see that. But in this scenario you it will still be up to a particular CO to decide whether you have met the residency requirement or not. So imagine CO Adam picks up your file and says: "yes, all good - grant". Or if say CO Dat picks up your file he may decide: "no, residency requirement is not met - refuse". There are no guarantees, that's what I am saying. But something is telling me, 6 weeks absence in your case is totally fine. ? ? ? 

Good luck with whatever you decide mate. ? ??

after this comment im 100% sure that you are a CO,  spying on us on this forum ? ? 

Come outta the closet CO Russki

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Yes. I was thinking of the same. Seems like she works when she feel like.
When  comes to office, she send documents request to applicant and then gets elope for weeks infact months..:-(

Guys, you are forgetting that it is group processing now! ? So files opened by CO Nancy do not sit on her desk, they are pooled and next time will be picked up by someone else... ? ...while Nancy is on holiday! ? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 10thfeb said:

Congratulations. What's your timeline??

B33I Applied 15/09/17 Last CO request 10/05/18 Grant 15/08/18   CO1: Jan 2018 - AFP and partners IELTS
CO2: 28 feb 2018 - newborn passport and birth certificate (489 issued to baby in march)
CO3: 10 May 2018 - paper-based medical for newborn
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

hey Everyone ,

I have just sent the scans of the New Passports for the kids to my MARA agent.

hope they move to Grant the PR soon Now. 

B33I had applied one day after me and we had request for doc at similar times as well.

?

That’s good hsk I wish you get ur grant tomorrow 

• Like 2