sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

5 hours ago, alexoir said:

Looks like our friend Peter Dutton might become the PM by the end of today. Scott Morrison has also joined the race. 

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/dutton-battles-to-get-signatures-for-his-petition/news-story/fe161c79565e93e91c0313caeba678f2

Turnbull is nomore the PM. Official announcement to be made tomorrow. Dutton is poised to take over. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, alexoir said:

Turnbull is nomore the PM. Official announcement to be made tomorrow. Dutton is poised to take over. 

R u sure?? 

Just read this somewhere

Julie Bishop will run for the leadership, making it a three corner contest.

‪Because of this, the Dutton forces have withdrawn their petition, arguing that now it’s a three corner contest, the petition is redundant. 

Posted 4.00pm Thursday.

• Thanks 1

Also,

Section 44 of the Constitution has struck down many a politician in the past year — but is it powerful enough to take down the former minister for home affairs, Peter Dutton?

This time it is not dual citizenship under s44(i) that is at issue. Instead, it is the more obscure s44(v) in the spotlight.

What is section 44(v) about?

Section 44(v) says that any person who "has any direct or indirect pecuniary interest in any agreement with the Public Service of the Commonwealth" is disqualified from sitting as a member of parliament.

• Thanks 1

Any one who is aware of the political background? 

Who would be the best PM for immigration? Im not even sure who im rooting for ?

10 hours ago, toot said:

Anyone but Peter Dutton ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, toot said:

I read about Julie Bishop yesterday. Not sure about her view on immigration (not got to that part yet), but she is a very experienced and clever politician, and will apparently make overall a great PM. I will read more today about her position on the immigration. ?  Never been good with political stuff, but this is forcing me to learn. ?? 

Ms Bishop said the credibility of Austalia's immigration system was based on its non-discriminatory nature and the government had no intention of changing the current humanitarian visa program.

"Each application is assessed on its merits," she said. "That's been the case under the Turnbull government, and as far as I'm aware, there are no plans to change that visa program."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guys I have some good news, a friend of us who applied on the 3rd Feb got his visa yesterday,

Seems like they started Feb too

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Don Family said:

Guys I have some good news, a friend of us who applied on the 3rd Feb got his visa yesterday,

Seems like they started Feb too emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Good news 

• Like 2

Woww. Congrats to ur friend. Happy ending for this week. Can u plz make sure from ur friend about the CO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Is your friend a single applicant or family?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

Is your friend a single applicant or family?

R u with family??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russki said:

I read about Julie Bishop yesterday. Not sure about her view on immigration (not got to that part yet), but she is a very experienced and clever politician, and will apparently make overall a great PM. I will read more today about her position on the immigration. ?  Never been good with political stuff, but this is forcing me to learn. ?? 

Ms Bishop said the credibility of Austalia's immigration system was based on its non-discriminatory nature and the government had no intention of changing the current humanitarian visa program.

"Each application is assessed on its merits," she said. "That's been the case under the Turnbull government, and as far as I'm aware, there are no plans to change that visa program."

From what I'm reading, the treasurer, Scott Morrison is gaining momentum in the PM race. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

yes I am, theres 3 of us in the application

you will get some news today till EOD ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Its been ages, I am draining my mobile battery like anything by keep checking immi site for status on regular intervals..! Now even my mobile must be saying "Not Again" ? 

Every second timer is doing the same

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tpsk said:

Every second timer is doing the same

Same mates just enough would like visit Adelaide office  now from Port Macquarie 

• Haha 3

Hey guys, just a quick question. For the requested documents should we upload the old documents as well or only the new one which we had not uploaded before?

6 minutes ago, Bish said:

Hey guys, just a quick question. For the requested documents should we upload the old documents as well or only the new one which we had not uploaded before?

Hi Bish, the COs always say "do not duplicate documents when you are asked for additional", I think just the new ones. ? ? They also say if you have a document that is suitable for more than once category, say if can be both employment proof and residency proof, then still just upload it once. ?