sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Let's hope now portfolios are decided. They will increase processing time from tomorrow 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tpsk said:

Let's hope now portfolios are decided. They will increase processing time from tomorrow 

Omg - let’s wait and see - hopefully they should speed up the process 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tpsk said:

"We need a strong focus on our immigration program so it brings the skills and the harmony and the unity that we want from the program," Mr Morrison said.

Understandably New grants will come from the DIAC not home affairs department. Presumably immigration department will get more attention under the new immigration minister David colemann.

1 minute ago, B33l said:

"We need a strong focus on our immigration program so it brings the skills and the harmony and the unity that we want from the program," Mr Morrison said.

Understandably New grants will come from the DIAC not home affairs department. Presumably immigration department will get more attention under the new immigration minister David colemann.

Hope so mate

Hi guys, i am new in this group. 

Currently i am in NT (Northern Territory) on 489 state sponsorship. I want to apply for release letter.  Before applying for release lettet i've consult with some friends in NT and they told me that they applied but NT government said they can't give release letter. They said if anyone want to move another state and before moving you have to apply for cancellation of 489 visa because visa granted in state sponsorship. In shorts no chance.

Anyone is here in group who's applied fpr release letter from NT government.  OR tell me any solid reason on which i can apply for release letter. 

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Asif said:

Currently i am in NT (Northern Territory) on 489 state sponsorship. I want to apply for release letter.  Before applying for release lettet i've consult with some friends in NT and they told me that they applied but NT government said they can't give release letter. They said if anyone want to move another state and before moving you have to apply for cancellation of 489 visa because visa granted in state sponsorship. In shorts no chance.

Anyone is here in group who's applied fpr release letter from NT government.  OR tell me any solid reason on which i can apply for release letter. 

Thanks.

Hi Asif

I was in Adelaide for 18 months as my 489 visa sponsored by South Australia and I moved to Regional NSW as I got job in my profession

You don't need release letter from NT when you look at your visa grant last page it indicates postcodes you can live and work 

I knew many people moved other regional area without getting any release letter and got their 887 visa already

But you have to inform NT immigration your reason and date for moving to other regional area as courtesy as they sponsor your 489 Moreover in case in future Home affairs asks NT Immigration whether you informed before moving so that you will be in good books

Hope this clarifies your doubt

All the best

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Asif said:

Thanks.

Hi Asif,

Sometimes we hear of these situations, and I know that to ask for a release letter you need to demonstrate that you are finding it hard to get a job and your family is experiencing hardship. You need to prove that you have tried and failed to find a job. And this is the problem! ? Can you prove to NT government that you have done your absolute best to get settled over a period of time? You may have to put a case together, but  if NT still does not release you and you have a job offer  in another regional area interstate, you can follow @wincivil's advice and just go. Remember to keep all documents and dates recorded and saved safely. ? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, deftown said:

Mate Scott has removed immigration and citizenship from Home affairs and given to David Coleman. That's a good news mate. Don't you?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

That is somewhat reassuring...

'though , only time will tell.?

5 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

he has.?

He's lost the immigration portfolio though, so I guess this means we are safe? ??

• Haha 2

Hello Everyone, 

I have been following this forum for few months now, I applied for 887 on 24th Jan, single applicant.It is extremely informative and helpful for new applicants and even for those who have applied already.

Please if Russki could update me details on spread sheet , that will be awesome mate.

Cheers

Bill

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bilal_albahar@yahoo.com said:

Hello Everyone, 

I have been following this forum for few months now, I applied for 887 on 24th Jan, single applicant.It is extremely informative and helpful for new applicants and even for those who have applied already.

Please if Russki could update me details on spread sheet , that will be awesome mate.

Cheers

Bill

WELCOME TO THE GROUP BILL

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bilal_albahar@yahoo.com said:

Hello Everyone, 

Cheers

Bill

So you didn't recieve anything from imigration yet?

Quick question guys, I applied on 7th Feb and I think I'm quite close to be picked up as per the timeline and trend, but I noticed somewhere else @Russki had mentioned not to leave the documents from being uploaded for too long.. Is there any specific reason for this?

I have always suffered being a perfectionist and kept dreading about the documents so I uploaded my last few documents that I thought would be necessary only last week. Would that be a problem of any sorts?

Thanks in advance for any thought on this.

Cheers & fingers crossed! 

11 minutes ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

Quick question guys, I applied on 7th Feb and I think I'm quite close to be picked up as per the timeline and trend, but I noticed somewhere else @Russki had mentioned not to leave the documents from being uploaded for too long.. Is there any specific reason for this?

I have always suffered being a perfectionist and kept dreading about the documents so I uploaded my last few documents that I thought would be necessary only last week. Would that be a problem of any sorts?

Thanks in advance for any thought on this.

Cheers & fingers crossed! 

Not at all a problem! ? the reason why I said not to leave it too late, because you wouldn't want to be in the situation where you have not uploaded a police certificate for example, the CO picks your file and says: "provide a police certificate"... But otherwise, you would have gotten a direct grant! ? ? That's all. But you can upload documents up to the day your file gets picked up. No trouble. ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey 

my file has been picked by CO Nancy in 26 July 2018 and requested for some more supporting documents to prove my residency req for 2 years ( I’ve submitted employee contract stating that accomodation provided by employer, and some statutory declaration from friends and relative ) and 1 year work req ( tax, super ). I’ve attached & submitted those requested document on 14/08/2018 & status changed to further assessment . Can anyone advise me what does it mean ? And when they again open my file  ? What happened next ???

thanks 

1 hour ago, Tpsk said:

So you didn't recieve anything from imigration yet?

Don’t worry mate, i also not receiving anything yet,timeline is 24 jan 2018

40 minutes ago, Russki said:

Not at all a problem! ? the reason why I said not to leave it too late, because you wouldn't want to be in the situation where you have not uploaded a police certificate for example, the CO picks your file and says: "provide a police certificate"... But otherwise, you would have gotten a direct grant! ? ? That's all. But you can upload documents up to the day your file gets picked up. No trouble. ? 

That was quick! Thanks heaps @Russki. *sigh of relief in silence* ? hope you get your most awaited response very soon!!

• Like 1

Current trend seems to be like:

First Time CO Contact: Min 7+ Months 
2nd Time Co Contact: Min 2 + Months 

Then further goes on..!

Files keep on adding up. Govt. keep on collecting full fees, and in return, we are just getting long waiting Ques..!

** They are not even bother to increase no. of CO's..! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Current trend seems to be like:

First Time CO Contact: Min 7+ Months 
2nd Time Co Contact: Min 2 + Months 

Then further goes on..!

Files keep on adding up. Govt. keep on collecting full fees, and in return, we are just getting long waiting Ques..!

** They are not even bother to increase no. of CO's..! 

True they should hire more CO.

14 minutes ago, Honey said:

True they should hire more CO.

Indeed..! Every year Fees are getting increased...! but What for? 
5 years back, when CO request more docs, they used to take 2-3 days max to finalize their decision after receiving docs..! God knows.. What's gonna happen in coming years..!

*** RIP Quality service and Quick Response time from CO's and Govt..!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4