887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Guys, I'm on 489 visa and I'll eligible to apply for 887 early next year. I've few doubts in my mind. It will be great if any one can please clarify them.

1. I'm working at two places, one is part time job and another is casual job and I 'm doing 35 or more hours in combination of both the jobs. My doubt is whether combination of one part time and casual job makes me eligible or work has to be on part time or full time contract only.

2.  I came in here on Jan 17 that way I'll eligible to apply for 887 Jan 19. But I signed my lease in March 17 before that I was with my friend. So when I'll eligible to apply for 887, Jan or March? If Jan what sort of residential document should I produce to claim from Jan 17. (I was in regional area for all the time).

3. I'm not sure I should apply by myself of should take services from any expert migration agent. I'm in Adelaide. If anyone can please suggest me any tried and tested and professional migration agent in Adelaide.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rocky1

2 minutes ago, Rocky1 said:

Hi Guys, I'm on 489 visa and I'll eligible to apply for 887 early next year. I've few doubts in my mind. It will be great if any one can please clarify them.

1. I'm working at two places, one is part time job and another is casual job and I 'm doing 35 or more hours in combination of both the jobs. My doubt is whether combination of one part time and casual job makes me eligible or work has to be on part time or full time contract only.
You need to provide proof of working 35 hours / week: Salary slips / Invoices: Tax return and bank statements. If you have all these then all good:

2.  I came in here on Jan 17 that way I'll eligible to apply for 887 Jan 19. But I signed my lease in March 17 before that I was with my friend. So when I'll eligible to apply for 887, Jan or March? If Jan what sort of residential document should I produce to claim from Jan 17. (I was in regional area for all the time).
You are eligible to apply, You can provide stat declaration for that period when you were staying with you friend..!

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rocky1 said:

Thanks in advance.

Combined will work as long as you can demonstrate 35 hours or more / week for 52 weeks....

Can apply in Jan , as soon as you complete , but you would need a declaration from your friend with whom you stayed and some other proofs such as letters from bank , car rego etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toot said:

I have a feeling that those blank spaces in the excel are not the people who forgot to update but the people who got 887 rejected. 

Does anyone know more information on people who got rejected.

I think we are goin through the same information over an over again on this forum. Looking at rejected cases might give us a new knowledge. Just thought.

Hi toot, yes, valid point! ? I tried to investigate - I noticed that a lot of these blank spaces members have not been on the forum for a very long time, which makes me think most of them in the excel - are just abandoned entries. ? Possibly, some got rejected. But wouldn't they want to share "bad news" and ask advice about this on the forum? Yes, they would! But they have not updated us, so they either left the country or received grants and are living in Australia happily ever after! ? 

Thus, I tend to think of "blanks" in the spreadsheet as "abandoned entries".  People just have not bothered to update us.? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Thanks for clarification mate. If you can plz clarify one more thing. I'm not sure I should apply by myself or should take services from any expert migration agent. I'm in Adelaide. If you can please suggest me any tried and tested and professional migration agent in Adelaide.

23 minutes ago, Don Family said:

What does it say when a Case Officer is assigned then? emoji848.png
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COs are not "assigned" to a certain file these days, the process is - random COs pick up files that are in the queue and assess them. Then they request documents or grants visas. If file is not finalised at the first stage, it is passed at the next stage to another available CO etc... ? ? A bit different system these days. ? 

2 minutes ago, Rocky1 said:

Thanks for clarification mate. If you can plz clarify one more thing. I'm not sure I should apply by myself or should take services from any expert migration agent. I'm in Adelaide. If you can please suggest me any tried and tested and professional migration agent in Adelaide.

Well Brother:
I think you : yourself can answer better. Ask yourself how confident you are to apply independently. If not go for migration agent. But I guess you have plenty of time left to apply. So start gathering knowledge from now and I think you should be good enough to apply yourself..!

Otherwise: Any other forum member can give you information about agents in Adelaide..!  

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Rocky1 said:

Russki, toot, Manny, Tpsk and HSK are all tried and tested ?

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Johnnyboy said:

Hi ,

Applied on 24/01/2018

co Adam request for further evidence for 1 year work experience on30/08/2018

i have uploaded everything on the checklist, no idea what they want more about.

Hi @Johnnyboy, thanks for the update! ? Do not panic yet - just look at the letter with new documentation request. It should give you a little checklist of what CO is asking. It can just be one document! You have to find that in your letter and the note from CO following that checklist. ? 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Johnnyboy said:

Hi ,

Applied on 24/01/2018

co Adam request for further evidence for 1 year work experience on30/08/2018

i have uploaded everything on the checklist, no idea what they want more about.

If you attached everything normal and again if they ask for the same thing ,it means they are extending our time.

• Haha 1

COs are not "assigned" to a certain file these days, the process is - random COs pick up files that are in the queue and assess them. Then they request documents or grants visas. If file is not finalised at the first stage, it is passed at the next stage to another available CO etc... [emoji846] [emoji846] A bit different system these days. [emoji846] 

Thanks for the info Russki. Seems like a dragging process because the next co will again take time to go through all the documents..

• Like 1

Does it mean that all of us waiting for our pr will be trapped in the regional area!!!!

No. I think this is for new regional migrants. Either way it is sad that there does not seem to be any consistent representation for regional skilled migrants in parliament or in panel discussions. I don’t think people really know or understand what the regional migrants are going through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

Combined will work as long as you can demonstrate 35 hours or more / week for 52 weeks....

Can apply in Jan , as soon as you complete , but you would need a declaration from your friend with whom you stayed and some other proofs such as letters from bank , car rego etc.

One more thing, in my case second applicant is my wife. I heard that these days CO is asking for IELTS of second applicant. I gave my wife's IELTS score card while I applied for 489. If anyone can please clarify regarding this. Is IELTS is the part of visa application for primary of second applicant ? Thanks

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Hi toot, yes, valid point! ? I tried to investigate - I noticed that a lot of these blank spaces members have not been on the forum for a very long time, which makes me think most of them in the excel - are just abandoned entries. ? Possibly, some got rejected. But wouldn't they want to share "bad news" and ask advice about this on the forum? Yes, they would! But they have not updated us, so they either left the country or received grants and are living in Australia happily ever after! ? 

Thus, I tend to think of "blanks" in the spreadsheet as "abandoned entries".  People just have not bothered to update us.? 

Thanks Russki, Good point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

I always say everyone should be in Patience, it only helps to stay calm and focused..! 
But now I seems to be loosing patience ?

Hi Manny,

I'm loosing patience day by day.. Getting more stress.. cannot concentrate in work and life.. life is going like a chicken being fried... every second goes like a year..  Dont know what to do...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3