sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

17 minutes ago, Waiting!! said:

only AMEP, it's not Certificate 3 or 4?

thank you,, what about having Certificate 3 from TAFE, do they still need IELTS?

24 minutes ago, Raed said:

thank you,, what about having Certificate 3 from TAFE, do they still need IELTS?

If Certificate 3 or 4 fulfils the following line, but i remember you've already paid AUD 3850 against English as a Second Language at the time of 489 ? ?????????????????????

• Completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.

Could someone give me some advice? I am dependent and holding 489 Visa. I already paid 3850$ when I applied 489Visa. I am wondering that when I apply for 887 Visa next month, Will CO request my Ielts certificate? I also found this information: "The second instalment of the visa application charge is not payable if it was previously paid in relation to the subclass 475, 487, 489, 495 or 496 visa the dependant applicant currently holds."?

Thank you so much

Just now, Old Bird said:

Could someone give me some advice? I am dependent and holding 489 Visa. I already paid 3850$ when I applied 489Visa. I am wondering that when I apply for 887 Visa next month, Will CO request my Ielts certificate? I also found this information: "The second instalment of the visa application charge is not payable if it was previously paid in relation to the subclass 475, 487, 489, 495 or 496 visa the dependant applicant currently holds."?

Thank you so much

You don't have to pay anymore if you've already paid at the time of 489. 

33 minutes ago, 10thfeb said:

Nothing as of yet..

I really don't know why they not progressing at all.

its seems like STOP after 3rd Feb.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Honey said:

Seems like by end of this year, they only process Feb applications and next year from March . Last year they did until mid September applications.

• Sad 1

I know. So tired of waiting..I think we got caught during an unfortunate period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Seems like by end of this year, they only process Feb applications and next year from March . Last year they did until mid September applications.

but for Feb its too early as they already clearing backlog as well

End of this year? Oh noooo

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Don Family said:

End of this year? emoji33.png Oh noooo

No its not feasible ?

• Like 1

Guys finally waiting is over ....!!!!

!

!!

!!

!

!

!

!

!

unfortunately asked for my sons medical ... ? he is 10 month old !!!

Applied on 28/1/2018

CO  Kimberley

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Everest said:

!

!!

!!

!

!

!

!

!

Applied on 28/1/2018

CO  Kimberley

Wow congratulations mate.

can you please tell me that you have applied yourself or by agent. Because as I know if medical require it shows in action required few days prior to CO contact for this. 

4 minutes ago, Honey said:

can you please tell me that you have applied yourself or by agent. Because as I know if medical require it shows in action required few days prior to CO contact for this. 

No honey it doesn't show 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Everest said:

!

!!

!!

!

!

!

!

!

Applied on 28/1/2018

CO  Kimberley

Be positive EVEREST don’t worry u wil b alright U create suspense in ur msg that was really nice!!!!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Honey said:

I applied by myself and it didn't show anything till yesterday, even today i haven't received any email but when i got into immi account the status was initial assessment, so i checked the messages.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Everest said:

I applied by myself and it didn't show anything till yesterday, even today i haven't received any email but when i got into immi account the status was initial assessment, so i checked the messages.

Hi bro, so you got email? Or you just can see in immi account? 

8 hours ago, Waiting!! said:

AMEP assessment document by TAFE is not acceptable by the immigration department. I had attached the same but couldn't be considered unfortunately and then we scheduled the date for IELTS exam. It's not that difficult to hit 4.5 overall. So just do it to avoid further delays.  Read the note in brackets they've clearly mentioned. 

• An assessment of functional English from a service provider of the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) for eligible visa holders in Australia. (Note: AMEP providers do not undertake assessments of English language proficiency for purposes that are not related to participation in the AMEP).

Hi Waiting,

Did you pay AUD 3850  English as a Second Language at the time of 489?

Immi department said, if you paid it , you don't need to pay again on 887 application. So we can think if we finish the AMEP class , it can prove  functional English.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi @joshua.qj! ? 

Yes your wife as a dependant will need a functional English proof. And yes, AMEP assessment is on the list of possible evidence:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english

I am in doubt whether the limit of 12 months validity applies to AMEP assessment, same as for IELTS and some other tests. So best way for you to be sure is to call immi (best do it at 9am sharp on a week day) and ask them whether your wife can use AMEP assessment from that date or she needs to sit IELTS. But don't wait for them to ask for it, act now, get it sorted and upload... It may seriously save you months of extra waiting! ? ? 

Hi Russki,

Thanks for you reply.

Maybe I didn't make it clear, I don't worry about the validity of assessment,  I worry the assessment issue time is later than my application time, So the  CO may think I should prepare everything ,then apply 887 VISA, or CO may think I cheat them. that is my concerning.

So should I upload the assessment now , or waiting the co ask, which is a better option?

Thanks very much.