Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rachael

I need a bit of advice please

Guest Rachael

Hi All

Am asking on here as I'm sure someone will be able to answer me quicker and a lot easier than my bank would be able to.

I have secured a rental and need to pay $380 deposit for the first week. I have the Commonwealth bank account number and BSB code but how should I actually go about paying it? Do I use my bank here in the UK cos if so, I'm sure they'll charge me. Should I use our HIFX account to transfer the money? or should I try ringing Westpac and using our account with them (although there isn't enough money in there yet)?

Bit stuck, thought I'd ask the fountain of all knowledge that is the PIA members.

TA

Rachael

Guest philnjulie

hi there,

you could always send them a stirling cheque from uk bank account take into account exchange rate and $10 fee at bank made payable to person you are renting from as they need to sign back of cheque at bank and then they just need to pay in as normal its a possibility

phil

Guest Libby1971

My advice depends on whether you have internet banking set up on your Aussie bank account and/ or your UK one.

I would transfer some money to the Aussie account and then use internet banking to pay the deposit. You can request any details that you don't have already from whoever is receiving the money.

Libby

Guest KandC

Hi,

I would ask FX as it is the cheaper option. Your bank can do it, but they charge and the exchange rate will not be as good. If you are in OZ you can use your ozzie bank, but you have to be there to activate it. I am stuck in UK with an Oz account but unable to use it till I get there.

If you have to the internet route or your bank you will need the IBAN account details.

good luck,

Kris

Guest Rachael

thank for the suggestions, still a bit stuck. I got my uncle (who lives in Adelaide) to deposit a small amount into our Westpac accounts to keep them going but that's not enough to pay for it.

We have internet banking with Westpac as we completed the 100 points check in the UK using our UK bank to verify us. So if I use Westpac I'll have to transfer more money into it. If I deposit a small amount using HIFX the exchange rate will be crap. If I pay using Barclays and an international transfer, it'll cost £20.

Am gonna see what hubby suggests when he gets in from work.

R

Guest KandC
    thank for the suggestions, still a bit stuck. I got my uncle (who lives in Adelaide) to deposit a small amount into our Westpac accounts to keep them going but that's not enough to pay for it.

We have internet banking with Westpac as we completed the 100 points check in the UK using our UK bank to verify us. So if I use Westpac I'll have to transfer more money into it. If I deposit a small amount using HIFX the exchange rate will be crap. If I pay using Barclays and an international transfer, it'll cost £20.

Am gonna see what hubby suggests when he gets in from work.

R

Hi again,

try Word First, they just quoted me $380 AUD at 2.0464 = £185.69, they are a small and friendly money exchange company, if you use them please mention www.move2nz.com as they are sponsors and introduced me to them.

cheers