Sign in to follow this  
Ajay

English requirement (887 visa) - help pls

Hello,

This is a query regarding 887 visa application. We are currently on 489 visa and fulfilled the criteria of 2 years stay and 1 years (52) full-time payslips.

My wife was the principal applicant for 489 visa but for 887 visa, I will be the principal applicant as I have managed to get 52 payslips with 35+ working hours.

Now my question is - what English criteria we need to fulfill? My wife's IELTS score is expired already. Does she need to reappear for IELTS? What about me - Do I need to appear for IELTS too?

Your help in this regards is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Thanks!
Ajay

Hello,

This is a query regarding 887 visa application. We are currently on 489 visa and fulfilled the criteria of 2 years stay and 1 years (52) full-time payslips.

My wife was the principal applicant for 489 visa but for 887 visa, I will be the principal applicant as I have managed to get 52 payslips with 35+ working hours.

Now my question is - what English criteria we need to fulfill? My wife's IELTS score is expired already. Does she need to reappear for IELTS? What about me - Do I need to appear for IELTS too?

Your help in this regards is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Thanks!
Ajay

Hi Ajay
I don't know if you can be the primary applicant now for 887. But usually for 887 the primary applicant do not need to show any IELTS or English language skills. Where as for dependant applicants can show evidence either with secondary education or highest degree qualification been studied in English or IELTS.

Hope this helps your query

Good luck

Regards
a4anudeep

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply a4anudeep.

I am pretty sure that anyone who completes the criteria can be the primary applicant for 887 visa. Just wasn't sure about the English requirement. Thanks for clarifying this.

Thanks!
Ajay

• Like 1