Confused about partner visa application

Kayla_H

Hi, 

My partner and I are planning on moving in together. I am from Philippines, and we have been together for 3 years now. He lives in Adelaide. I have heard of cases where a lot of people from Vietnam had trouble getting a visa. I want to make sure my application is successful. I was wondering if I should look for an agent based in Australia itself, instead of applying through a local agent or doing it myself. My boyfriend is checking out a few agents in Australia. 

Anyone done something similar before? Can you please share your experience. Advice and suggestions welcome too. 

Thanks 

Kayla

Do you qualify for the partner visa? Just you say your partner lives in Australia and you are from the Philippines. And then you say about Vietnam. Whereabouts are you actually living? 

If you are not currently de facto (long distance dating for example doesn't cut it for partner visa), I don't know if the partner visa is what you should be looking at. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the confusion. Just heard a lot of cases about Vietnam. It is a relationship, and not just dating. But because we live in two different countries, living together for a whole year is a problem. We spend maybe 2-3 months together during Christmas holidays or if I go as a tourist to Aus. 

I have already contacted an agent in Australia, Laurie Duncan. He is supposed to be very successful with Partner visa applications so I will apply through him. 

Thank you.