Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Working holiday visa age increase

Recommended Posts

Hi, looking for some advise. The working holiday visa age for Canada & Ireland has been increased to 35. My sister who turns 35 next March has been considering immigrating for some time. 

If she were to come out on a Working Holiday Visa, is it possible to obtain sponsorship through a company for permanent residency. The conditions of the 417 is that you can holiday & work (generally 6 months per employer). 

Or is she better to take the longer route of applying for permanent residency from the start?

Thank you.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The rules for the WHV are changing again somewhat it seems


I think the most important thing for your sister to consider is if she would be eligible or could qualify for sponsorship. She still needs to meet all the requirements and so on. If she is unskilled or doesn't have the relevant qualifications/experience etc in the field then she won't be a candidate for sponsorship. 

Personally, I think if able, its preferable to gain that PR visa before migrating. Visa rules can and do change and while a door may be open now for applying, it might not be in a year or two's time. Or it might not be a profession that could be sponsored or some such. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use