Guest nemo

Medway Towns

Guest nemo

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has moved to Adelaide from the Medway Towns area of Kent, and if so how does it compare? We've seen major changes in this area over the last few years and they're not all good!:nah:

Thanks, Sally x

Guest everhopeful

Hi Sally

We live on Sheppey and although we haven't yet moved to Adelaide I have been three times. What was it you wanted to know and I will try and help. Adelaide has a long shopping street, Rundle Mall, similer in length to Chatham High St from Tesco to Argos but a lot less seedy! The shopping area with side streets etc is more like the size of Maidstone or Canterbury, maybe bigger, but with the added larger city elements of parks, river, zoo, museum, art gallery, botanical gardens, trams to the beach. Can you tell I want to go yet? In fact the only thing similar to the Medway Towns is the traffic but remember this is the "Capital City" and the roads are wider so it feels a lot less!

Hope this helps.

Guest nemo

Thanks for that Everhopeful (your name sums us up!). I guess I was just interested to know about the general atmosphere around Adelaide, this area seems miserable, or perhaps that's just me! Everywhere is so grubby with too many rowdy teenagers. Totally agree about Chatham High Street, not my favourite place.

Sally x

hi,

We moved from Maidstone last july to adelaide and having worked for edf electric and mainly in the medway towns for quite a few years i would say that adelaide is by far a nicer,safer and freindlier place to live and work even though first impressions of the place are certainly not as nice as many parts of kent,but in my opinion the worse areas over here are no way near as bad as the worse places in medway or maidstone.Ken.

Guest soggy
    Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has moved to Adelaide from the Medway Towns area of Kent, and if so how does it compare? We've seen major changes in this area over the last few years and they're not all good!:nah:

Thanks, Sally x

Hi,

I lived in Strood for most of my life before the move to Adelaide in February, there is not much to compare between the two, I feel safer walking around here compared to Medway, there is crime here but I feel I can relax more when i'm out and about while in the UK felt I always had to be alert so I did not become a victim.

Adelaide is a state capital and has many of the things a capital would normally have as mentioned in a earlier post, but it is open, clean, and easy to navigate compared to Medway and London but much more compact.

I have not been here long but as yet I have no plans to make a better life for myself and family by traveling to the other side of the world to settle in a place called the Medway Towns.:):).

hope this helps a little

Simon