Guest rickyaswell

Any newspaper printing jobs in adelaide

Guest rickyaswell

HI,

Any printers in Adelaide that can answer a few questions for me as not being able to find a job is my worst fear about moving here.

I have been in printing for 12 years working on a newspaper press. If i can not find work in and around Adelaide printing newspapers will i be able to find work in other types of printing.

What is the pay like for printers here.

Thanks

Guest Nick11

Loads of printing work here. Money varies greatly from one company to another - bigger companies don't necessarily pay the best!

pay is poorer than back in the uk - as in most jobs here!

Guest kiltedscot

Dont know anything about newspaper printing. But there is l/press and litho work going about. Got myself a l/press job in a small family firm printing labels. ( have done label work all my life). Check out seek.com.au Been a few table workers jobs in paper in past few weeks

Hey,

I have a job screen printing here in Adelaide....from what i hear in this job there are in need of anyone with print skills.

Also i am paid more here than i was in the UK.

I just searched for print companies and emailed them direct with my resume, and i now work for one of them.

Dan

Guest rickyaswell

Am i better off going over there for a few weeks to look for work than just sending my CV by email.

Did you all just send your CV to any printing company even if they were not advertising any jobs.

I type in Adelaide printing jobs and nothing really comes up.

Guest rickyaswell
    HI,

Any printers in Adelaide that can answer a few questions for me as not being able to find a job is my worst fear about moving here.

I have been in printing for 12 years working on a newspaper press. If i can not find work in and around Adelaide printing newspapers will i be able to find work in other types of printing.

What is the pay like for printers here.

Thanks

What could you expect to earn as a printer