Guest isandev

Help!!!!!!!

Guest isandev

Hiya all,

We have been frantically searching for a short term rental to no avail as they all seem to be pretty much booked up. (why is it so busy??):arghh: We are looking for a minimum 2 bed house from the 18th August for 4 weeks and would consider any area. Can anyone recommend any websites or know any people that may have a rental available around this time.

Thanks in advance.

Hiya all,

We have been frantically searching for a short term rental to no avail as they all seem to be pretty much booked up. (why is it so busy??):arghh: We are looking for a minimum 2 bed house from the 18th August for 4 weeks and would consider any area. Can anyone recommend any websites or know any people that may have a rental available around this time.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fiona - it's a nightmare isn't it - we're really in panic mode too as can't find anything for end of July - Aug..:arghh::arghh: If i discover anything i'll keep you posted, Jacinta

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    Hiya all,

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried all the short term rents on here, tyke,roo1, dale&jo,guzzler&sas

http://www.downunderrentals.com/index_1.html there are some on this link, if these are full I know a couple of others, just pm me for info

sarah

Guest anniewo

We lived at Marineland caravan Park when we arrived nearly 21 years ago! Got a good deal as it was off season in August.I think it may be a bit more upamrket and expensive now but worth an email.

Guest beachwoods

How about a Cabin in a caravan park We have the availability for the dates you need and as it is out of season we will offer special rates. www.beachwoods.com.au

cheers Neal and Linda

Guest Libby1971

I do feel for you.

I should think that one reason it is busy is that families with children will wait till the end of the school year before making the move, so that they can have time with friends adn some of the school hols as well. Then they come here.

Here however it is winter and some people will use those months to do a bit of tarting up on their rental to get ready for the summer season.

Not ideal circumstances.

Tim set up the site that sarahsmartiepants has mentioned. There are caravan parks at Woodcroft, Christies Beach and Brighton that might be handy. There are also places out at Hanhndorf, which although a bit of a way out, is not that far due to the expressway which means you're in the city within 20-30 mins which is the same as me in the southern suburbs.

Good luck

Libby

Guest isandev

Many many thanks to all of you for your help. We secured a short term rental yesterday which is available for our dates. We never thought it would prove to be so difficult and would advise anyone to book ASAP, unlike us leaving it too late!!!!

Again thanks to you all.

Hi Fiona - glad you got sorted - we've got accommodation too now , so that's one hurdle over with eh?!

I'd like to second what you said - DEFO worth booking as soon as you know your dates... It's way to stressful otherwise!! Whereabouts will you be renting?? We 'll be in Aldinga..Hope to catch up with tou then!, Jacinta

I'd like to thank everyone who offered advice/info re various rental options too - really grateful!:notworthy: