aged care worker

Guest tracey71

Guest tracey71

hi my name is tracey i have nvq 2 in care and have tried to gain work in australia, all the companies come back saying good cv but need to be a resident first. we did the visa assessmsent and can gat a srms(119) visa but need a job offer first can anyone help.

ps my patner mark has been an underground miner for 10+ years but is curently in security he needs help too. we so much want to get to adelaide

hi my name is tracey i have nvq 2 in care and have tried to gain work in australia, all the companies come back saying good cv but need to be a resident first. we did the visa assessmsent and can gat a srms(119) visa but need a job offer first can anyone help.

ps my patner mark has been an underground miner for 10+ years but is curently in security he needs help too. we so much want to get to adelaide

The NVQ would be transferrable to the Aged Care Cert 3 here in SA, but I'm not sure you'll get a job offer prior to arriving here, There are loads of jobs available in Aged care but i would offer caution as there are a lot of private nursing home that leave a lot to be desired. If you can get over here on hubbies qualificications and then find something once you get here it'd be easier on you (trust me).

Can hubby get a job in the mining industry? i know they were recently advertising in that area.

Have a look on seek.com. au or maybe careerone.com.au and perhaps he can contact the mining companies directly ?

Best of luck

Guest tracey71

thankyou for your reply but we have already tried all the mining companies they only want engineers and mark is not one of them he is only an underground worker with lots of experience. the visa company said we would only get in on my job. this is proving difficult as i am not a registerd nurse. i am curently working as a healthcare assistant at the local hospital and have worked in residential care with learning disabilities of all ages and the elderly so my expeience is vast. all the companies we have contacted have said they would like to employ me but only when i have secured a visa. how can i do this without that all important job offer.

sorry for rabbiting on tracey

Guest anniewo

I work for a large not for profit church organisation.IMO I would only work for not for profit aged care facilities,they plough their profits back into the buildings, equipment etc.Regarding the NVQ cert, you will need copies of all the components of the certificate, maybe a few pay slips and a separation certificate indicating how many hours you accrued.Written refs are good but email contact with your ex employer is invaluable.

Try emailing the following organisations HR or training depts for further info:

Resthaven

Eldercare

Elderly Citizens Homes

Life Care

Helping Hand ,these are the main players with a good reputation.Hope this helps.

Guest tracey71

thankyou anniewo will try the companies you have given me. its good to know which agencies are best to work for as they all come across as being good even the bad agencies.