new member!

Guest kelzmarie

Guest kelzmarie

hi all

Ive been instructed by my mother to join poms in adelaide so here I am!

Im a 24year old girl who has just lost her parents to Adelaide:sad:.They left yesterday after a long and agonising year of sorting houses, visas, animal transportation and crazy leaving parties!

It was a very emotional time for all of us but also an amazing oppurtunity for not only them but me and my brother and sister.

Obviously it is my new mission to get myself over there now and am looking for any info on how to do this. Unfortunateley as I was 24 and not financially dpendant on my parents i was unable to be included in their visa. This has had me exploring many options.I am a trained Make up artist and have worked for companies such as Max Factor and Virgin Vie.

I have spent most of my working life in retail which i just love and have now worked my way up to being a Store Manager of New Look.

I think my only option is a working holiday visa initially and then hopefully get sponsered when im out there.

As u can imagine i am finding it very hard being here without my parents(its not even been 24hrs yet!)

Anyway I wouldnt give them the satisfaction of gettin rid of me...even though they have tried..hahaha!:P

so I wonder if any of u have been in this situation and what path u took??

would love any info u may have.

Ciao for now.x

Guest Django

Hi and welcome to PIA.

What visa subclass have your parents gone out on? Have your brother and sister gone with them? If your parents are on a PR visa and your siblings are also out there you could qualify for a Remaining Relative visa http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/115/index.htm

Another route to consider would be a student visa.

Have a troll around the immi site http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm you may find something that can help.

Good Luck

Pete

HI Kelzmarie

Welcome to PIA. I'm so sorry to hear your missing your parents so much already.

I'm afraid i can't advise you on the things you want to know but just wanted to wish you all the best in finding a way to get to OZ. Cheer up and i hope you find the answers you need soon.

Emma +

Alicia (6)

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome to pia :wubclub:

i can't really help you with your question but i see that pete has started you off already!

you could also try an informal chat with an agent (many do a free first one) to see if you qualify!?

good luck!!

Guest The Pottertons

Hiya and welcome to PIA. You should get some good advice from an agent and as Mozzy says you can find some who do a free consultation- over the phone sometimes to give you an idea of where you stand. Hope you get the info you need. Good luck with it all, Yvonne xx

Guest kelzmarie

thanku..no my sister and brother are also here as they are too old aswell.they are on a pr visa and i was told by a migration advisor that once they get settled they could possibly sponser me? not sure all a bit up in the air but thought i would go on a holiday workin visa initially and then investigate my options when i am there..seems to be the cheapest and quickest visa that i can see..

thanks for the advice.x

Guest Missbabz

Hi Kelz,

Well Done you finally getting onto PIA, see told you lots of people would give you lots of great ideas to work on. We are doing what we can this side in Adelaide, so we will just keep fingers crossed it all works well.

Lots of love

Mum (babs & Kevin)

hi all

Ive been instructed by my mother to join poms in adelaide so here I am!

Im a 24year old girl who has just lost her parents to Adelaide:sad:.They left yesterday after a long and agonising year of sorting houses, visas, animal transportation and crazy leaving parties!

It was a very emotional time for all of us but also an amazing oppurtunity for not only them but me and my brother and sister.

Obviously it is my new mission to get myself over there now and am looking for any info on how to do this. Unfortunateley as I was 24 and not financially dpendant on my parents i was unable to be included in their visa. This has had me exploring many options.I am a trained Make up artist and have worked for companies such as Max Factor and Virgin Vie.

I have spent most of my working life in retail which i just love and have now worked my way up to being a Store Manager of New Look.

I think my only option is a working holiday visa initially and then hopefully get sponsered when im out there.

As u can imagine i am finding it very hard being here without my parents(its not even been 24hrs yet!)

Anyway I wouldnt give them the satisfaction of gettin rid of me...even though they have tried..hahaha!:P

so I wonder if any of u have been in this situation and what path u took??

would love any info u may have.

Ciao for now.x