Kevin

489 visa 2 years requirement for 887 visa update?

Hi, guys

I recently noticed that the immigration change a few words on the 2 years residence requirements before applying for the 887 visa while they updating the website. 

Before, it was written as " we need to have a skilled visa (489) for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

Which means that the bridging visa holding time before the visa grant does not count for the 2 years. 

However, now the website changed the words from the skilled visa to eligible visa and the eligible visa including the both 489 and its bridging visa. 

It sounds like that the bridging visa holding time is also considered as the minimum 2 years residence. 

Has anyone notice this change and received confirmation from your agent? 

I have sent an inquiry to a few agents and given answers, but it's all different from the agent to agent. 

Before, it was written as below at the website. 

You must currently hold either:
1) a 
skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.

You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

Now, it is described as below at the website

An eligible visa means either:
1) a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

I believe that there must be a reason of this change and it is clearly translated that the bridging visa time is included for me. 

Looking forward to receiving you guys' opinion and ideas. 

Cheers