Guest the4hopes

How much for shopwork

Guest the4hopes

I will be looking for a part time job in a shop when we get there, would this be minimum wage?

Is it $13?

Just need to budget for this.

Thanks

Laura x

hi laura,

i think it would be more than this because my son who is 19 and still on a youth wage gets about that an hour. Adult wages start in retail at 21 so I think haha you would be eligible for that. My 17 year old daughter gets about 10 an hour. They both are covered by the same award which is what governs the pay structure for retail.

Guest soggy
    I will be looking for a part time job in a shop when we get there, would this be minimum wage?

Is it $13?

Just need to budget for this.

Thanks

Laura x

Hi, if you have a look at www.safework.sa.gov.au it will give you information on the minimum and award wages, the minimum wage is $13.74 for and employed person and $16.49 for a casual( no sick pay, holidays, notice to lay you off ect ) I can't find an award wage for general retail but may be worth looking your self if you have any special skills, for cafe work for example the award wage for a casual is $18.34 for a counter assistant/cashier. I have just found another place to look, if you follow the links to industrial awards on the site above you can find more info on retail work, you should be able to earn $18 to $19 as a casual, hope this helps.

Simon:)

Guest the4hopes

Hi Rachel and Simon

Thank you very much for the help that gives me more of an idea, I can work out how many hours I need to do.

Rachel,I would qualify for the adult wage, although some may disagree, I am only 5'1 and sometimes do act quite silly, and most of my clothes are age 13!!!!!

Laura x

Guest salisbury massive

Hi, I work at Coles on the Checkout and i get $20.02 an hour. Thats as a casual. I'll think you'll find most part time retail jobs are casual. That means no sick pay or holiday money. There are part time permanent jobs but very difficult to come by to start with. There are new tax cuts coming in and I believe I will have to earn $6,000 next year before I pay any tax,

Jo

Guest the4hopes

Thanks Jo, A bit more info for me to be able to plan for.

I work in a clothes shop at the mo, £5.52 per hour (UK minimum adult wage!) although we do get holidays in this.

Laura x

Guest Deb17

Laura, if you're experienced in retail, you'll have no problems getting a job, there are always loads on offer in the fashion shops.

Guest the4hopes

Great thats what I like to hear!!

Thanks

Laura x