Sign in to follow this  
Guest ozzy wannabe

Recommendation for an in ground pool company

Guest ozzy wannabe

Hello

We are looking at getting an in ground pool put in and would like any recommendations for a company? We have been in touch with Freedom pools and they have qouted $27-28 for a small 6.5-8.5 pool (which did inc the coping and solar heating)this seems rather expensive to me?

Any help much appreciated

Vicky

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We got ours from adelaide pool and spa, and would recommend them sort of .....but would severley warn you not to get pool lights.....ours have rusted after only a few months.

PM me for more details, I will go into more that way might get in trouble on here!!!:err:

Guest Nick11
    Hello

We are looking at getting an in ground pool put in and would like any recommendations for a company? We have been in touch with Freedom pools and they have qouted $27-28 for a small 6.5-8.5 pool (which did inc the coping and solar heating)this seems rather expensive to me?

Any help much appreciated

Vicky

We've had a similar quote.

Guest motlyman

Hi,

I've serviced/maintained many pools and to be honest not one stands out as being the best. Unfortunatly they all have produced good and bad jobs.

As far as lights go, just go for plastic.

Colin

Guest BAZnDAF

Colin,

What type of inground would you recommend? conrete or the plastic preformed ones? I have been looking at a few (for when i get there) but don't know the average costs of either.

Guest motlyman

Personaly i would go for preformed fibreglass and if i had heaps of cash a tiled one.

Colin

Guest Guest75
    Colin,

What type of inground would you recommend? conrete or the plastic preformed ones? I have been looking at a few (for when i get there) but don't know the average costs of either.

Concrete pools are more money - a third + I'd say.

It really is your choice.

With concrete at least you have the choice of any shape you want.

With fibre glass you are limited to the range they produce from moulds - not saying that's a bad thing.

$27 - 28 seems a little on the high side $22-23 should be more like it.I would haggle a little and try and get some extras thrown in.Knowing what to ask for is the key.Try having a separate pump with thermostat for the solar heating for a start.Pool cover thrown in as well (saves water and keeps heat in).Deffo play one against the other as I'm sure not as many pools are been built now.;)

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I think $27 was our original quote with coping done, 8x4 fibre glass, including pool cover, pump and solar heating. Be careful with your dumpiong costs, we saw how many 10 ton truck left so we knew how much they dumped, didnt stop them trying to charge more dump fees!!! We asked to see the wiegh bill, when they couldnt produce it we didnt pay the extra.

Guest Nick11
    I think $27 was our original quote with coping done, 8x4 fibre glass, including pool cover, pump and solar heating. Be careful with your dumpiong costs, we saw how many 10 ton truck left so we knew how much they dumped, didnt stop them trying to charge more dump fees!!! We asked to see the wiegh bill, when they couldnt produce it we didnt pay the extra.

Thanx sarah - they are doing our pool - so will keep an eye out!

Guest guest569

We went with Freedom and paid $23500 for a fibreglass 8x4. Inc cover, Roller, manual solar and salt chlorinator. ( and 2 PLASTIC lights).

No complaints so far. Would recommend.;)

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    People are quoting 8x4, is that in metres???
    :biglaugh:No feet, they are fish ponds in disguise:biglaugh:

sarah

Guest Nick11

I think what Sarah is trying to say is - yes - that is in metres