becky2015

Moving back to the UK

Wanted to see if anyone had experienced going back to the UK.

I have been here 5 years.  Due to feeling lonely and isolated after going

through a difficult marriage.   Most people don't quite understand and think

I must be crazy to go back but when you feel so unwell and unhappy it feels like

the best thing to do.

I can understand your wanting to go back. Sounds like you've had a rough time of it and if you are not happy here and would rather be in the UK and can make that happen, go for it. 

Hi

Sorry to hear you are feeling low, if it helps, i mentally plan to move back about every 6 months since iv'e been here - (13 years ) :-0

I've just come back after a month in the UK  and i really miss my family and the UK's proximity to everything and everywhere, the humour but mostly just being Home.

Realistically though, how long would that feeling last if i didn't have the option come back , I do wonder .

I'm not big on giving advice, however one suggestion would be to secure your citizenship before you leave ,  later down the track  you  may have a change of heart and it will give you options, to return to Australia ( remember it doesn't have to be Adelaide ) or New Zealand. Not sure of your financial position , but perhaps you could make your journey back an adventure, travel a bit maybe in Asia, see something on the way back, it can be done on a budget and it could give you something positive to focus on.

I have a busy life with work and my son but outside of that life is very isolated but when speaking with my UK friends its pretty much the same at our age ( 40's)

Best of luck with your decisions, when one door closes another one opens 

Michelle

• Like 1