AshDi

Travelling to my home country while waiting for 887 visa

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I applied for 887 visa on 5th of May, 2019 . I am planning to visit my home country in August for 4 weeks and would like to know if it is going to affect my visa application. My current 489 visa is valid until Nov 2020. So I hope I can travel without applying for a "Bridging Visa B". Also, I am wondering if I need to submit a police clearance certificate from my home country. 

Do I need to inform immigration when I am travelling outside and even after coming back to Australia? What's the best way to inform them; an email or a phone call? 

Your advice and experience are much appreciated 🙂 

• Like 1

Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum. I applied for 887 visa on 5th of May, 2019 . I am planning to visit my home country in August for 4 weeks and would like to know if it is going to affect my visa application. My current 489 visa is valid until Nov 2020. So I hope I can travel without applying for a "Bridging Visa B". Also, I am wondering if I need to submit a police clearance certificate from my home country. 
Do I need to inform immigration when I am travelling outside and even after coming back to Australia? What's the best way to inform them; an email or a phone call? 
Your advice and experience are much appreciated  

Welcome to the forum AshDi, you can travel overseas no problem about that. Even, you don't need to let immigration know about your travel plan. It will not impect your processing time. You just applied 3 weeks ago, you have a long way to go. Once you come back from your home contry you need to upload a police clearence evey time you visit. All the best mate, for regular update I will personally suggest you to follow the 887 whats the update thread. Ask your question over there. If you open a new discussion like this people has less interest. Some people can still see your post but not on the same visa as yours, so they will not brother to answer.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1