Shehan

Travelling while 887 is being processed

Hi all,

I'm a 489 Visa holder and have applied for my 887 visa. My 489 is expiring in 2022.

However because I applied for my 887 visa, I got the Bridging Visa A which is "not active" at the moment.

This is the 1st time I'm planning to travel out of Australia since we came.

My question is -
Do I need to inform Australian Immigration before I fly? As far as I know, I don't need to.

Also what will happen if my 887 PR visa was granted while I was out of Australia?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hi all,
I'm a 489 Visa holder and have applied for my 887 visa. My 489 is expiring in 2022.
However because I applied for my 887 visa, I got the Bridging Visa A which is "not active" at the moment.
This is the 1st time I'm planning to travel out of Australia since we came.
My question is -
Do I need to inform Australian Immigration before I fly? As far as I know, I don't need to.
Also what will happen if my 887 PR visa was granted while I was out of Australia?

Please advise.
Thanks!
You don't need to inform immigration about your travel plan. 887 is an onshore visa, that means you need to be in on shore when you lodged and get PR. If you stay overseas 887 will not be granted unless you come onshore. Hope it helps.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk