Tassie Devils

887 Dependent Visa requirement

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can answer my question regarding dependent applicants.

My wife, my nine years old and I have lived in a regional area for more than 2 years and worked full time on 489 visa. We have submitted our 887 applications in April 2019. Now my wife and kid (dependent applicants) want to go overseas for 6/7 months. Is it going to be a problem if the CO opens my file? Will this considered a breach of visa condition as my wife and son lived overseas for a fair bit of time overseas? 

However, I will be continuing my stay in a regional area and my usual work.

Your responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,
I was wondering if someone can answer my question regarding dependent applicants.
My wife, my nine years old and I have lived in a regional area for more than 2 years and worked full time on 489 visa. We have submitted our 887 applications in April 2019. Now my wife and kid (dependent applicants) want to go overseas for 6/7 months. Is it going to be a problem if the CO opens my file? Will this considered a breach of visa condition as my wife and son lived overseas for a fair bit of time overseas? 
However, I will be continuing my stay in a regional area and my usual work.
Your responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello there, your dependent’s can travel, but there are two conditions here.

1. Is your 489 visa still active? Usually DHA gives you bridging visa A as soon as you lodge 887 that will get activated automatically once your 489 expires. If you and dependants are on bridging visa A, you can’t travel and you need to apply for bridging visa B. Your 887 application will be on hold until your family comes back to Australia.

2. If your 489 visa is still active, don’t worry about bridging. You can travel on 489 visa. However, your 887 will be kept on hold until they return.

Applicants should be onshore when they make the decision about 887.

I gained this info from DHA website. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk