Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Short course from non-regional area.

Recommended Posts

Has anyone done a short course like a Barista, Bookkeeping, Security, etc from the non-regional area during a 489/491 visa due to the non-availability of that course in regional?

Is it a breach of the condition? If not then how to manage?

Please share your experience.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It should NOT be an issue, as long as it is for a short period. You may go out for training of couple of weeks.

If you travel outside a regional area and copy your leaving place, that is a breach.

At the end, if you want to ask for a PR, you'll have to prove 1 year of work + 2 years of leaving in a regional area.

Good luck!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use