Jump to content
  • Sign Up
trx

Citizenship preparation forum

Recommended Posts

Created for new pr grants to help each other out with their questions and preparation for citizenship journey 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Question

My spouse has 6 Demerit Points on DL for jumping Red Light.  Fine was paid straightway and No court facing at all.

Can we still apply for Citizenship or do we need for Points to be removed first and then apply for Citizenship for him.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scorpio2011 said:

First Question

My spouse has 6 Demerit Points on DL for jumping Red Light.  Fine was paid straightway and No court facing at all.

Can we still apply for Citizenship or do we need for Points to be removed first and then apply for Citizenship for him.

Thanks

Hi mate from what i know so far ( research due to similar issues with driving but more serious) she does not have to wait for demerit points to be removed in order to apply for citizenship , however when assessing her file they will consider the date the offence was done , any repeat traffic offences , any pattern in traffic offences etc , if she has a history of running the red light once in a while it will be a problem , if she has other traffic offences in a short period of time that could affect her file too , so better make sure she does not add more fines to her traffic history , if it's just a once off thing and if she have no more traffic offences before and after that then it couldn't be a problem at all but make sure you declare all offences minor or major as this will show that you are of good character and take responsibility for your mistakes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After getting PR(887) , what's should i do ? Somebody can guide on this -

a) Do i need to apply for medicare ?

b) Do i need to inform or apply central link? - I have already full time professional jobs .

c) Any other things ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MAH said:

After getting PR(887) , what's should i do ? Somebody can guide on this -

a) Do i need to apply for medicare ?

b) Do i need to inform or apply central link? - I have already full time professional jobs .

c) Any other things ?

a) someone told me that the green medicare card was sent to them without even notifying medicare about it , so im going to wait a couple of weeks before going to medicare

b) if you have a child and a spouse that does not work and if your income is below a certain amount you maybe eligible to get family tax benefit b payments , if so you might have to take your documents to centre link otherwise for many other benefits we have to wait for between 1-4 years 

c) Nothing else that i can think of other than updating immi account when you move address and preparing for citizenship 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, trx said:

a) someone told me that the green medicare card was sent to them without even notifying medicare about it , so im going to wait a couple of weeks before going to medicare

b) if you have a child and a spouse that does not work and if your income is below a certain amount you maybe eligible to get family tax benefit b payments , if so you might have to take your documents to centre link otherwise for many other benefits we have to wait for between 1-4 years 

c) Nothing else that i can think of other than updating immi account when you move address and preparing for citizenship 🙂

Thanks for valuable information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All.

i applied my citizenship on 18 June 2020,

i got couple ques,

whats the current processing time for the citizenship? And can someone make the timeline tracker , as it was done in 887 forum, thanks.

Second thing is, I got done for drinks driving in 2017, and luckily I got approved for 887 without any problem. Will there be any problem in the citizenship file, for character ref? And is anyone in the same situation like me?

Thanks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 4:05 PM, MAH said:

After getting PR(887) , what's should i do ? Somebody can guide on this -

a) Do i need to apply for medicare ?

b) Do i need to inform or apply central link? - I have already full time professional jobs .

c) Any other things ?

i got the green medicare card in the post today , i didn't inform medicare but i received a letter from them along with the medicare card that dha have informed them about our pr grant 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 6:07 PM, tej said:

Hi All.

i applied my citizenship on 18 June 2020,

i got couple ques,

whats the current processing time for the citizenship? And can someone make the timeline tracker , as it was done in 887 forum, thanks.

Second thing is, I got done for drinks driving in 2017, and luckily I got approved for 887 without any problem. Will there be any problem in the citizenship file, for character ref? And is anyone in the same situation like me?

Thanks

i have an excessive speeding offence but that is from 2011 and i haven't got any traffic offences since then , so i hope they will look past this and consider my citizenship , if your driving recored before this drink driving and after this offence is good then it will not be a problem , if you have a pattern of traffic offences it can be a problem as they will look at this as you were a person who breaks Australian laws more often. Whatever it is make sure that when you apply for citizenship declare all offences and show remorse for your actions , try to convenience them that it will not happen again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, trx said:

i got the green medicare card in the post today , i didn't inform medicare but i received a letter from them along with the medicare card that dha have informed them about our pr grant 🙂

When you got your PR(887)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! I got my 887. Can anyone please let me know what next steps I have to take in regards to Medicare or centrelink or anything else?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MAH said:

When you got your PR(887)? 

got it on 10th june this month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trx said:

got it on 10th june this month

I got 15 June. Hope I will get new medicare card within the next 1 week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Akie said:

Hi guys! I got my 887. Can anyone please let me know what next steps I have to take in regards to Medicare or centrelink or anything else?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I have to apply for centrelink or anything? Can anyone please guide? Or any links for applying for centrelink?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Happy and lucky
      Hi All, being on 489 visa can we visit New-Zealand or we need tourist visa?
      For tourists visa do we have to get it done from our home country or from Australia?
      At last, if we want to visit Europe from Australia(while on 489 visa), from where I will apply Schengen visa, Australia or home country? 
      if someone had similar experience and want to share their perspectives/thoughts please:)
    • By ravimodi
      Can one apply for Visa 489 (Provisional) and Visa 190 together ?
    • By deftown
      Hi Guys,
       
      I'm starting a new thread for Australia citizenship. We can discuss here about
      1. The new rules (4 years and 8 years of wait time since PR) due on July 1st 2018
      2. Processing time
      3. Citizenship Test
      4. Documents, etc
       
      You can add more list if anything comes in your mind regarding Australian Citizenship
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use