Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulocon

Medicals help, please

Guest paulocon

Hi there all, can anyone please help. Going for our medicals this week and we have just received an information pack and price list from the surgery where we are going (Anlaby, Hull) and it appears that the panel doctors are trying to make us have more tests done than we need to etc..

They are stating that we need these:-

Medical examination - £120

Chest x-ray - £90

HIV blood test - £77

Hepatitis A - £77

Hepatitis B - £77

Hepatitis C - £77

Phlobotomy - £25

Are we getting ripped off - our nearest oanel doctors could not fit us in, in time to meet our tight deadline - hence having to travel to Hull to have them done???

Help or advice would be appreciated.

Paul+Sharon

Guest Trakki

http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Going_For_Medicals/11

found this link, hope it helps.

It seems from all the sites I have looked at that you only need an HIV test. I may be wrong as we haven't got that far yet but thats what it seems to me. You could always try contacting some of the other panel doctors and ask them what tests you need.

Hope that helps abit

Tracey

Hi Paul and Sharon

We go for our medicals next Wednesday and the charges are per adult:-

Medical which includes HIV blood test - £100

X-rays - £56

Postage to Oz - £18

If you have any tattoos or body piercing you have to pay an extra £15.

I would definitely query that price. There is something wrong there.

Let us know how you go on.

Paula and Adrian

Guest Trakki

Have been looking more at prices of medicals as there will me me and OH and 4 children. Looks like the hepatitis blood tests are for New Zealand. You also have to have these extras is you are a nure, doctor or dentist. Unfortunately I am a nurse so will have to pay more. Its looking like we will have to pay bout £650 to getthe whole family done.

I would definitely query the blood tests as it seems a bit OTT to me.

Tracey

Guest ste n sasha

hi,

we had our meds last year, we had to have other blood tests done,

because my OH has got tattoos, and myself and my eldest daughter

have got body piercings

Guest jen&ian

Hi,

We had our meds done in Nottingham, they were great and by far the most reasonably priced from a number I enquired to. Here's what we were charged:

adult meds £85

Childrens meds £65

Chest X-rays £80

Blood tests £22 per test, we had to have HIV and one of the hepititas(can't remember which :? ) due to tatoos.

I'm no expert but sounds like they're pulling a fast one to me.

Jen :D

hi,

we had medicals about 3 weeks ago in Hitchin, Hertfordshire they cost us £180 per adult (this included x-rays and blood test. HIV only)

£60 per child (too young for x-rays and blood test)

£30 postage to Sydney

Hope this helps

Wendy

Guest dglamoore

Hi

We travelled to Southampton from Exeter for our meds due to prices. We paid £65 each for xrays and the meds were £350 in total for 2 adults including extra bloods each for tattoos and 1 child with a 10% discount for cash. so total of £480 for everything including being sent to Sydney.

Lisa :lol:

Guest The Bowmans

Hi

It sounds like you are being ripped off - the only blood test required is the HIV test. We paid £100 each for the medical; £35 each for the blood test and £55.00 each for the chest x-ray.

We had ours done at Stansted and then couriered the results to Sydney at a cost of £60.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Deena

Guest paulocon

Thanks all for your comments!!!

Been for medicals today - paid just short of £600 for both of us. Had no choice but to go with the panel doctors in Hull due to the tight deadline etc. Not too bothered now, just glad to have had them done and got them out of the way.

Phew!!!!!!!!!!

Thaks again all for advice and comments.

Paul

Guest Tracijbc
    Hi,

We had our meds done in Nottingham, they were great and by far the most reasonably priced from a number I enquired to. Here's what we were charged:

adult meds £85

Childrens meds £65

Chest X-rays £80

Blood tests £22 per test, we had to have HIV and one of the hepititas(can't remember which :? ) due to tatoos.

I'm no expert but sounds like they're pulling a fast one to me.

Jen :D

Hi there,

Where in Nottingham did you have them done? We are going to be asked to get them done pretty soon (Case Officer pending) and have only heard of one place in Notts.

Also, did anyone have any problems with being overweight? I am overweight and wondered if anyone on here has passed their medicals regardless of this. I think it's the only thing that will prevent our medicals going through, as we have no other health worries. Is it your weight that's the problem, or is it just if you have related illnesses, Diabetes for example?

Thanks

Traci

Guest jen&ian

Hi Traci,

There is only one panel doc in Nottingham I think, the surgery is called Tudor House and you go to the private hospital about 10/15 mins away for xrays. I would recommend them they were very laid back (but proffessional) and reasonably priced.

As far as the weight issue goes I think you'll be Ok as long as you are generally healthy I know others have worried about this and been OK.

Jen;)

Guest Tracijbc
    Hi Traci,

There is only one panel doc in Nottingham I think, the surgery is called Tudor House and you go to the private hospital about 10/15 mins away for xrays. I would recommend them they were very laid back (but proffessional) and reasonably priced.

As far as the weight issue goes I think you'll be Ok as long as you are generally healthy I know others have worried about this and been OK.

Jen;)

Thanks for the speedy reply Jen. Nothing else has worried me about the application, and we know the Police checks are going to be fine.

Good luck on your move and hopefully we can follow in the Spring.... :)

Traci

Guest jen&ian

No worries Traci, good luck with everything .If I can help with anything else just shout.

Jen:D