Sign in to follow this  
Guest JennyJay

TRA help please

Guest JennyJay

Dear all,

wondering if anyone could give me any advice, I have been offered a job at RAH on a 475 visa, my son is having to apply for his own visa, any advice on filling in the TRA, thank you in advance:wubclub: Jenny.

Guest graandjac

:)Not sure what your son is occupation wise...?? but with my TRA as a roof tiler its all straightforward . The big question is what was for me ( if still the same) no 8 which is the bit where you have to describe how you go about your daily tasks at work....!!. Go into every delail.......i get to work meet with site supervisor........any health and safety ......i cut some wood ....with a size and brand of saw......i then fit roof tiles after gauging out the battons....how you gauage out the battons.......i guess you get the idea now ....go into EVERY detail at the start its hard but when you start you dont stop you cant do too much .Get as many references as you can i think i did 4 from suppliers and 6 from builders i used to work for....again just go over the top,........ if you are using an agent as a rule they wont send off your tra application unless they feel its going to pass. Good luck and any other questions fire away.....cheers Graham

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Jenny/Jay I found that the TRA was a right pain in the backside to do!. I used a agent , and this was the bit that cost me the most money . My agent kept asking for more and more info? I sent pictures of every thing i used , 4 ref's , list of tools ill be bringing with me! , God even i would hire me now:) ? anyway its something you have to do and very glad it was all ok. So give them as much info as you can , it will take time and if you are looking for a agent try Go Matilda i wish i used them ?.

Guest JennyJay
    :)Not sure what your son is occupation wise...?? but with my TRA as a roof tiler its all straightforward . The big question is what was for me ( if still the same) no 8 which is the bit where you have to describe how you go about your daily tasks at work....!!. Go into every delail.......i get to work meet with site supervisor........any health and safety ......i cut some wood ....with a size and brand of saw......i then fit roof tiles after gauging out the battons....how you gauage out the battons.......i guess you get the idea now ....go into EVERY detail at the start its hard but when you start you dont stop you cant do too much .Get as many references as you can i think i did 4 from suppliers and 6 from builders i used to work for....again just go over the top,........ if you are using an agent as a rule they wont send off your tra application unless they feel its going to pass. Good luck and any other questions fire away.....cheers Graham

Thanks Graham

for all the information most appreciated, I had read in a few places that the TRA was a bit of a nightmare to do. Do you think we will be ok not using an agent ? I dont need one so I was hoping not to use one for my son. By the way he is a chef I am applying for the goverment sponsored visa for him if everything goes ok , this seems like the best option at the moment:chatterbox: . It's all a little (lot) stressful at the moment HO has decided to leave me too it (bless him):arghh: thanks again Jenny.

Guest JennyJay
    Hi Jenny/Jay I found that the TRA was a right pain in the backside to do!. I used a agent , and this was the bit that cost me the most money . My agent kept asking for more and more info? I sent pictures of every thing i used , 4 ref's , list of tools ill be bringing with me! , God even i would hire me now:) ? anyway its something you have to do and very glad it was all ok. So give them as much info as you can , it will take time and if you are looking for a agent try Go Matilda i wish i used them ?.

Hi Sharon,

I am starting to worry now, I was't going to use an agent for my sons visa. If the TRA fails the first time do you have to pay for it again :confused: or do you get another atempt, any ideas. Do you think If I just overload the information and ref's it may get through. Thanks again Sharon bye for now Jenny :wubclub:.

Guest graandjac

:)Dont worry to much , there has been lots of people who have done the TRA application without an agent. All you have to think is you cant give too much infomation or enough references , go over board . I did it in the way of an presentation, this is me.....this is who, how, where i trained .......this is how, where, with who i worked ......this is how i go about my daily tasks.......one you start it soon comes together even though it seems a huge task when you start out.

Good luck Graham

Guest JennyJay
    :)Dont worry to much , there has been lots of people who have done the TRA application without an agent. All you have to think is you cant give too much infomation or enough references , go over board . I did it in the way of an presentation, this is me.....this is who, how, where i trained .......this is how, where, with who i worked ......this is how i go about my daily tasks.......one you start it soon comes together even though it seems a huge task when you start out.

Good luck Graham

Thanks Graham,

This seems like a good way to approach it, I had better make a start iIhave had the application for weeks and did'nt really know what to do with it,:huh:bye for now,

Jenny.