no sale,hard to let.

sueoc

Hi,panic is on now,me,hubby,3 boys due to arrive around 1st week August,house has not sold,is now to-let,no luck there also.Mad frenzy as Central heating is being replaced,from unconventional(and rubbish)skirt heating to conventional,massive mess ,skirting to replace,walls to plaster,upstairs floors up,big,big expense but necessary as house was like a fridge last winter and cant let it out like that,so on top of all else got to decorate like mad.Anyone else gone out with no sale on home,no one in the house and having to rent in Adelaide as well,dont know how long we could sustain this,any solutions apart from virtually giving our house away for quick sale.Sometimes wonder if we are doing the right thing with the housing market as it is now,but then there will be no more chances for us in the future as we are oldies,49 and 51.Could not live with ourselves if we let this chance of a lifetime slip away,hope we will laugh about all this in about 3 yrs time.All the best to you all,from sue.

hey your not the only one although we spent a month in April with this wonderful plan, cash in share use it to do up kitchen, new carpets finish of the double glazing paint, paint, paint. neutral everywhere no family photo's all packed ready to go even kids toys just left a few out to keep them going, then put on Market, I've even given up working didn't do much anyway casual healthcare assistant but I spend my days cleaning, dusting everything spartan ready for the next viewer, we've had 2 viewing since May first made an offer we accepted all fell through two weeks ago had another last week wasn't suitable for there disabled son.

We are considering renting if we don't sell with housing association/council apparently they make sure the property is in the same condition when the finish as when they started renting.

Maybe this is an option for you to consider.

Julie

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Sue, god this house selling is doing all of us!, I'AM in possitive mode today . so hang in there iam sure someone will be ready to rent or bye your house soooooooon ? I fed up with it as well my house is only 2 years old and because i work shifts , 5 on 5 off i can't find anything left to do ? our friends say its like a show house and can't understand why we havn't sold it yet ive reduced it £25k so ill just stick to my feel happy mode , and wait till that lucky person walks through the door and falls in love with our house?. ATB Paul

Yup, us too

We're in Runcorn, house on Market since Nov, dropped price by 30k....

One solid offer has fallen through, another few daft offers, and now a guy messing us around and wants us to take another 5k hit.....

Estate agents want us to take the easy sale, but I'm suspicious he will try and make us drop few thousand more.....

Tried to rent-out, and although we have had a couple of hopefuls, no solid offers....

We plan to fly on 15th Aug............. oooohhhhhh sh!t.

Rental we had hoped to arrange has fell through, but have got 1st video interiew lined up.....

What the hell, we are coming......... break out the barbie

Si

Cheeky git who is buying my grandmas house said he would wait for the dead lawyers probate to come through and then when it did muttered about the state of house prices falling and dropped his offer by 11K, he's already getting a bargain due to some structural work that needs doing and will still make a good profit on it when the work is done. We have luckily come to agree on a drop of 6k but I hate to see my grandparents house worth being ripped off because they worked hard all their lives to get it.

Guest dunnarunna

my advise would be to try to sort it while in england, we have moved to oz without selling now considering renting, but it is causing us huge stress here, things are so much harder to do from here too, with time difference sending and replying to emails etc. so much so we are seriously thinking of cutting our losses and returning, something we do not want to do but if house doesnt rent either we cannot rent here and pay a mortgage for long.

donna

Guest Django

Hi guys. May have a solution, well it looks like it is going to work for us. We have been talking to a couple of investors. They are going to give us a bit of cash upfront, just enough to pay for a container, air fares and a few thousand to get us through our first few months in Oz. They are then going to 'take over' all responsibility ofthe house. They are going to pay the mortgage and for any upkeep needed. They will then rent it out to cover costs to themselves (and make a bit of profit no doubt;)). In 3/4 years time, when the market hopefully improves they will then buy the house off of us at a price agreed today. This will pay the remainder of the mortgage and anything left, minus the upfront payment, will be forwarded to us. They are then free to either carry on rent it out or selling on at a profit.

Its not ideal but it gets us there. We will also no longer have a mortgage to worry about this end and a bit of cash to look forward to in a few years time.

Pete

Guest Martin and Val
Hi guys. May have a solution, well it looks like it is going to work for us. We have been talking to a couple of investors. They are going to give us a bit of cash upfront, just enough to pay for a container, air fares and a few thousand to get us through our first few months in Oz. They are then going to 'take over' all responsibility ofthe house. They are going to pay the mortgage and for any upkeep needed.

Pete,

This seems OK and I hope it works for you. I do have a question though, what if they default on your mortgage?

It looks like we are going to give it a couple more weeks then put ours onto the rental market.

Good luck

Martin

Guest Django
I do have a question though, what if they default on your mortgage?

They take full legal responsibility. They are seriously loaded and could pay the mortgage off out of their petty cash so I don't think it will come to that. Even if it did they are legally bound to keep their side of the bargin as per monies promised to us. We can't lose out and when the market turns round they will make a serious killing on the house so everyone is happy.

Pete

Guest Martin and Val

Pete,

This sounds like the asnwer mate. We are fortunate enough to be mortgage free but we still need to sell to set up our new life in OZ. We dont really want the hassel of being there and renting it out here.

What is the company called? Do you have a web address?

Cheers

Martin

Guest Django

As my brain is like a sieve at the mo I can't remember. :biglaugh::biglaugh:Will give you all the details when I find them out from Tracey. Tracey is the one dealing with them as the house is in her name. I do know though that this is the first time they have done this type of deal. Apparently its done quite a bit in 'the states' and with the current climate its starting to be done here. Its purely because the investors cannot get a mortgage from the banks for much more than 60-70% of the total value. This way the mortgage is already in place and so they can do the do.

Just waiting for the paperwork but us being us something will go wrong and they'll pull out at the eleventh hour.:skeptical:

Pete

Guest sprayer

Hi all

We too are in the same boat. We have had house on market since Feb. :arghh:We did accept offer in March and house was "under offer" for 8 weeks. Nothing progressed (even though EA still says he will buy) we have it back on market. EA has now moved out of local area and does not advertise on rightmove anymore (does not have there own website either) :mad:we have now moved EA today. They are in the middle of doing the brochure.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to offer £5000 cashback on completion rather than reduce.

Our house is advertised for £144950. This is cheaper than similar props in our area. Others are up for £159950 in need of work and thats reduced FQS. It was originally £179950.

We would be OK with getting £140,000, and think this is better idea than reducing.

Does anyone agree or have other ideas?

Thanks

Jill

xxx

Guest hollyc

Hi

Pete's post looks like quite a good option as it eliminates some of your stress.

However, we are going to be renting our house out. We leave for Oz in August and will be flying whether it has rented or not. But, my parents are taking a 6 month payment holiday from their mortgage, starting in August. This means that while waiting for a tenant they won't have to worry about paying for both the mortgage and renting in Adelaide, and hopefully can use the time to organise their Oz finances and maybe even build a little bit of a buffer up. It's worth considering taking a payment holiday if your mortgage company are okay with it to just take one of the worries off for a bit. Buys you time anyway :)

Holly