Nightmare Finally Over.

Guest deanrm

Guest deanrm

Hi all,

Have not been on for a while and would like to CONGRATULATE all those who have been granted their visas recently.

We have finally got ours. After 11 months of hell. For those of you who can remember, back in December we got our CO who requested further information. We only were informed when WE rang our agent in January. To cut a long story short we got an extention and sent our stuff, hoping to hear quickly.

February, March, April, May, June came and went, all the while we were phoning and e-mailing our agent who had no news for us.

Anyway last night we stayed up and rang ASPC who would not really tell us much because we have instructed an agent blah blah blsh. But what they did tell us was that a decision was sent on, wait for it...........................................................08 May 08.

After several calls between ASPC and Australia House we have now FINALLY been told our visa has been granted. Thank God.

I wont be totally happy until that stamp is in our passports as I think the last 6 months have proved 'if it can go wrong it will' for us anyway. But for now the news is good for a change and we will be be celebrating tonight.

Thanks for listening.

Trisha

Guest Trakki

Congratulations Trish and family, here's to your new life in Oz, when do you plan to go?

Glad you have finally got your visa, bet thats a huge weight off your shoulders.

Hi Trisha

MANY CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family!!!!:jiggy::jiggy:

So your visas were granted on 8th May 2008 but this vital piece of information somehow contrived to elude your Agent, did it?????????????

I don't think so, my friend. I would suggest hanging him up to the MARA by his spheres, frankly.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Martin and Val

Trisha, Dean, Jacob & Libby,

Congratulations to you all, we hope you are soon off to start your new life in OZ and good luck to you.

I hope your agent was also unaware of the Visa being granted, because if they were they need to sort them selves out!! (Who did you use)

All the very best

Martin and Val

26_11_8.gif

sack the agent thats bloody terrible trisha

thats like 6/7 weeks without even knowing

oh well congratutions on the visa you lucky lot

was all worth it in the end

good luck with everything keep us posted

get totally drunk tonight, i know i would!!!!!!!

suexxx

Guest Django

Blimey Trisha:shocked:

I thought you guys must have had your visas yonks ago and were already now living it up downunder.

Glad to hear you did get them eventually. As for your agent I would do as Gill says.;)

What date have you got to get there? You must be cutting it relatively fine. I know what you mean about the passport thing. We have ours (at last) safely stuck in the passports.

Hope to meet you on a warm beach somewhere very soon. :jimlad:

Pete

Guest Dantor3000
Hi all,

Have not been on for a while and would like to CONGRATULATE all those who have been granted their visas recently.

We have finally got ours. After 11 months of hell. For those of you who can remember, back in December we got our CO who requested further information. We only were informed when WE rang our agent in January. To cut a long story short we got an extention and sent our stuff, hoping to hear quickly.

February, March, April, May, June came and went, all the while we were phoning and e-mailing our agent who had no news for us.

Anyway last night we stayed up and rang ASPC who would not really tell us much because we have instructed an agent blah blah blsh. But what they did tell us was that a decision was sent on, wait for it...........................................................08 May 08.

After several calls between ASPC and Australia House we have now FINALLY been told our visa has been granted. Thank God.

I wont be totally happy until that stamp is in our passports as I think the last 6 months have proved 'if it can go wrong it will' for us anyway. But for now the news is good for a change and we will be be celebrating tonight.

Thanks for listening.

Trisha

Can I ask who your agent is ?

Guest deanrm

Hi All,

Thanks for all you words of kindness. But I am afraid that our visa was actually refused. Needless to say its a long, complicated and unbelievable sorry. I will let you all know the details one day.

We are not giving up tho'. We have already lodged another application on-line. Whats money anyway?

Anyway, having had a taste of what its like to have a visa (we thought we had for about 16 hours) we are determined that we will get ours, one day.

Thanks again

Trisha

Guest Libby1971

I don't know what to say.:notworthy:

I would be discussing things with MARA, finding another agent, and getting advice from Aus House about why your application wasn't successful so that you can amend that.

Good luck, thinking of you.

Libby

Guest Django

Yes there is quite a bit to this than first meets the eye. I really do feel for you. I am in full admiration of you both for picking yourselves up off the floor so quickly and getting on with it. :notworthy::notworthy:

Lets hope this goes through quickly so your meds and PCs stay valid. Do keep us informed with things and good on ya again.

Pete

Guest Alipally

OMG! you poor poor thing!

I hope that you report your agent to the licensing authority for what can only be described as a catalogue of errors.

Congratulations though!

Ali