Dr Who fans

Moosh

Oooo, not sure if I've seen them. They did a back to back Dr Who showing on the long weekend, on UKTV (Foxtel). So I might have seen the series. How did the last one end?

Judi x

No you won't have seen it yet Judi. UKTV was showing the last 2 series in the run up to this release. It hasn't finished yet in the UK so I'm not giving anything away.

The new series starts with the episode with Kylie Minogue in it (Titanic).

Guest Jen & Did

The BBC have a thing on their website called i-player. Allows you to watch any programme screened over the last 7 Days on your PC. Doctor Who was on Saurday so you have 2 Days!We aren't out there yet...but it will probably get some use when we are.....Match of the Day springs to mind!

Dave

Guest Libby1971

The BBC have been a bit cunning as well adn you can't use that facility if you are outside of the UK...the programme reads your address and blocks you! Not very nice is it?

Guest Django
The BBC have been a bit cunning as well adn you can't use that facility if you are outside of the UK...the programme reads your address and blocks you! Not very nice is it?

Ah yes but you can download a false ip addy to fool the blocking tool.

Pete

Guest Jen & Did

If it reads your IP address there are ways around that ;)!

I'll have to remember how to do it and as soon as I do I'll let you know!

Dave

Guest deborah

It looks fab as all the Torchwood peeps are in it (apart form the two that died!) And Martha Jones and Rose Tyler are in it. Bring on saturday!! There was a rumour that David Tennant was to be replaced by John Simms (life on Mars) who also played the master in the last series. Don't think it will happen though.

Hope Kylie is his new assistant!

In the last series, the Master was killed and a woman picked up his ring which leaves it open for a return! Even Sarah Jane is back in next weeks episode. I think it's going to be an excellent finale bringing back all the favourites.

I have an IT friend who downloads the episodes for me. Isn't he wonderful!! :arghh:

Guest deborah
In the last series, the Master was killed and a woman picked up his ring which leaves it open for a return! Even Sarah Jane is back in next weeks episode. I think it's going to be an excellent finale bringing back all the favourites.

I have an IT friend who downloads the episodes for me. Isn't he wonderful!! :arghh:

Oh I forgot about the ring, i do love John Simms and thought he played an excellent master.

Forgot about Sarah Jane as well although she has a kids programme as well.

I do not like Catherine Tate as i can't separate her from her characters on her show and she is so loud. I must admit though that she is coming into her own in these last few episodes. Do you get Torchwood out there?

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who

La,la,la,la (fingers in ears) not listening or should I say, I had to force myself not to read the previous few postings..........I guess here's a downside to living in Australia.:arghh:

Django, anyone......? Have you found out how to change an IP address yet???

Guest dunnarunna

so looking forward to dr who starting (sad i know), we left uk during the series and i dont know how to do the ip thingy so couldnt watch on bbc i player. Also dexter (bloke from six feet under)starts soon, bit gorey took me a couple of episoded to get into it but it was great and i missed last 3 episodes!!! just got to hope we stay here long enough to watch them this time.

donna

Do you get Torchwood out there?

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who

Yes we did have the first series of Torchwood but it was put on a really late timeslot after only 2 episodes so you had to video it and then Ch10 took it off air altogether.

I also have the 2nd series of Torchwood downloaded if anyone wants to see it. You just need to bring round a memory stick and I'll transfer all the episodes onto it. The bigger the memory stick the better.

Guest deborah
so looking forward to dr who starting (sad i know), we left uk during the series and i dont know how to do the ip thingy so couldnt watch on bbc i player. Also dexter (bloke from six feet under)starts soon, bit gorey took me a couple of episoded to get into it but it was great and i missed last 3 episodes!!! just got to hope we stay here long enough to watch them this time.

donna

Dexter is gripping the last 3 episodes the best. Try and catch them if you can. The new series starts here on 6th July on FX was on iTV previously.

Dr who finale next Sat what a cliff hanger with an old enemy back!!

Guest deborah
Yes we did have the first series of Torchwood but it was put on a really late timeslot after only 2 episodes so you had to video it and then Ch10 took it off air altogether.

I also have the 2nd series of Torchwood downloaded if anyone wants to see it. You just need to bring round a memory stick and I'll transfer all the episodes onto it. The bigger the memory stick the better.

I shall be round to yours with my memory stick when i am there next year!!

I will really miss my sci fi!!

Guest Django

Hi guys

I thought I would fill you in whats happening. Don't panic I ain't giving away plots or anything.:biglaugh: Its just that the smelly stuff has hit the whirly thing. People that really should really get a life, are up in arms regarding the second part of the last episode. I would say google a dr who forum (yes they really exist:shocked:) and see what all the fuss is about but you will find out the story lines.

Apparently its controversial. We enjoyed watching it. Can't say I'm a big fan but its worth watching for a bit of entertainment on a wet Saturday evening. There have been fans being interviewed on the box really stropping about it all.:biglaugh:

You have been warned.;)

Pete

Well it was a bit disappointing Pete. For those die hard fans of Dr Who, I don't blame them for being upset. All this build up and then an anti-climax! Even the ending of the final Harry Potter book was better and that's saying something!

Guest deborah
Well it was a bit disappointing Pete. For those die hard fans of Dr Who, I don't blame them for being upset. All this build up and then an anti-climax! Even the ending of the final Harry Potter book was better and that's saying something!

I reckon that Martha anf Micky will join Torchwood now as Jack asked them what they will do next. After all there are two vacancies.

I wouldn't say no to a replica David Tennant with only 1 heart!!

:nah: