Trevali

UK bank account

Hi all

Just wondering. Before moving to Oz do you close your U.K. bank account or do you keep it open? What have you guys done?

Thanks

Trevali x

Guest steve&tracy

Hi We are just leaving 1 u.k. bank account open with just the minimum in to cover a few D.Debits in until they are cancelled. Other than that no other u.k accounts. That way relatives can put birthday money in e.t.c. for the kids.

Guest graandjac

:)we have done the same as Steve & Tracey ( one week to go ) left just one to clear up any outstanding bills and the rellies can put any christmas and birthday money in to it

Cheers Graham

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Graham yes your right again. I have finished work e.t.c. and we have done nothing but visit family and friends for the last few days. See you soon!!!

Steve

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Get a Nationwide account you can use the card in the hole in the wall for free here.

sarah

Guest stufi1997

I kept all our accounts open that way I can access them on the internet...I've still got my visa cards from home too....it's nigh on impossible to get one here, at least in the begining....I use my UK bank to pay my UK visa, for now anyway. Til they deem us reliable enough to get visa cards and such like here...Fiona