Guest sassy

departed pets???.....

Guest sassy

Hi all,

hope this doesnt seem like a really stupid query....i.may be having a blonde moment!!!!! we lost our beloved dog a few yrs ago now but still have him with us in a beautiful carved wooden box......feel a bit silly asking but here goes:err:...would he be able to come with us???...omg i apologise now.......would he get through customs in our container??? his ashes are in a sealed bag in his box. havent been able to bury him as hubby an me cannot agree......(how silly are we...:goofy:.), where he should go..can anybody enlighten me...please...would love to take him but i fear i may have to say a final goodbye:sad::sad:...sarah..xxx

Guest lynne

We are also taking our departed dog in a wooden container.

Lyn

Hi,

Only just found this thread after having a good nose around. We recently lost our staffie :(and I was thinking the same thing as we have his ashes in a wooden box.

I asked a removal firm and this is the reply i got :-

You can definitely ship your pet ashes. This is not a problem, and we have

had previous customers do this.

You will need to have a certificate completed by your vet, to confirm the

remains, and the cause of death, but as far as I know, an import permit

isn't required by AQIS (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service - equiv

of DEFRA).

I would recommend having a look at the AQIS site yourself, or even

contacting them to enquire further, but as for the actual shipping, this is

definitely allowed, and has been done before.

Hope this helps.

Kim x:D

Guest Ellie

I am taking my Dalmations ashes too. His ashes are in a sealed plastic bag in a porcelain urn. If I couldn't have taken him I was going to bury his ashes by my Nan who passed away this year. She loved him to bits. But thank goodness he can come. Bit worried about a death certificate though as we no longer live in the same area and he died 9 years ago!!!

I'm also taking my border collie's ashes who passed away about 5 years ago with me (we're a daft bunch aren't we - wouldn't dream of leaving them behind though). I'll contact the agents again and see what they say about a pet that passed away so long ago - maybe you won't have to bother.

Kim x:)