jo_marnes

How much are bikes over there?

Guest Deb17

Depends how expensive you want them! Bike shop in Marion has good bikes for around $500-$600, or you can pick up cheapo versions in KMART for a hundred bucks! So weigh up what you want to spend or ship your own out if it's an expensive one.

As said, depends on what you want, if you want cheap, kmart and target always have something really cheap, if you don't want to use it a lot, it will be fine for your needs.

Otherwise, better quality stuff tends to be the same price as the UK and some brands are actually cheaper, for example, Scott are (dependant on exchange rate fluctuations) 10-15% cheaper than UK.

If you have a good quality bike and are shipping other stuff, I would say ship it, or consider bringing it as part of your luggage, pop it in a bike box and away you go.

I would not recommend sending it via a courier company as unaccompanied like this, it is likely to be inspected by customs and if it is new(ish) you may have to pay fees to bring it in.

But if you want to use a bike from Kmart or target for real off road stuff, they are not heavy duty enough- good for riding on sealed roads to work, bit like a vehicle with the style of 4 wheel drive without the ruggedness needed for real 4 wheel drive terrain.

Guest graandjac

:)The prices are much the same across the board, from cheap to top of the range, it all depends weather you want to treat yourself to a new one:jiggy:. Dont worry about all the steam cleaning aswell i gave all 4 of ours a degrease and a good jet wash inc all the tyre treads and they came through no worries. Cheers Graham