Visa 487 English requirements?!

Guest katyj

Guest katyj

Hi,

This is my first time on this site! at last somewhere I can ask for help without having to endure the immigration so called 'information line' where you're put on hold for hours! aargh!

Im currently living in Adelaide (have been in Oz for 14 months on a Working Holiday Visa, now on my second!) and im starting to look at the requirements for the Onshore SIR 487 visa.

I currently score 105 points with my English being scored at 15 points. Do I need to sit a test to obtain the 25 points for profficient even though im English and hold a British passport? ive read and re-read the info on www.immi.gov.au and it STILL doesnt make sense - doh! I know the pass mark is 100 but im worried im cutting it a bit fine with just 105?

Also, can I 'Certify' my documents at a Police Station or does it have to be done by a lawyer?

I hope this makes sense and theres someone out there who can help me??? ;)

Guest BAZnDAF
Hi,

This is my first time on this site! at last somewhere I can ask for help without having to endure the immigration so called 'information line' where you're put on hold for hours! aargh!

Im currently living in Adelaide (have been in Oz for 14 months on a Working Holiday Visa, now on my second!) and im starting to look at the requirements for the Onshore SIR 487 visa.

I currently score 105 points with my English being scored at 15 points. Do I need to sit a test to obtain the 25 points for profficient even though im English and hold a British passport? ive read and re-read the info on www.immi.gov.au and it STILL doesnt make sense - doh! I know the pass mark is 100 but im worried im cutting it a bit fine with just 105?

Also, can I 'Certify' my documents at a Police Station or does it have to be done by a lawyer?

I hope this makes sense and theres someone out there who can help me??? ;)

Hi there,

The IELTS test will give you the extra points, I am in Engalnd, british born, english speaking, have been since i could say 'da, da', but because i will be 40 when the visa application goes in i need the extra points from the test, so i have just booked to sit exam in manchester university. so yeah you need to do it for the extra points, however, you say you have 105 points already, so not sure why you would need any more points!

As for the certification of documents, there should be a list of people who can certify them, i don't think police officer is on that list, but double check it.