julie-ruth

Australia the movie

Just to let you know there is a movie coming out in November called Australia its got Nicole Kidman, Huge jackson and David Wenham the film is set in the 1930's its suppose to have lots of great shots of Australia. I googled Australia the Movie and a trailer came up but also a site called australiamovie.net has an interesting write up.

I didn't origanally go looking for it (honest) it popped up when I was looking at something else.

Something else to look forward to guys.

Julie

Guest graandjac

Saw the trailer on the tv and your right it looks like a "bests shots of Australia movie" , might be worth a viewing . Cheers graham

Guest Roo1

I went to see it on Thursday with my mum. What a fantastic film!! This will be an Epic.

Its a bit of a comedy in places but it'll mostly have the tears rolling down your face with sadness and joy at the end!

The scenery in it truly is amazing. Makes me want to go out and find my own Billabong!!

Judi x

Guest ems

I have seen the bits of the preview here but unfortunately it's not out till boxing in the U.K. The only thing is Alicia wants to see it but not really sure if its suitable for 7 year old, think there might be a bit to much violence for her. Any input from someone whos seen it would be great. Apparently its a 12A so she would be allowed to. Cheers guys.

Guest cazzie

Hi Julie,

We went to see 'Australia' while we were in the Gold Coast. We both thought it was a very good film and agree that it is mostly ok for a 7 year old. There is a scene where a woman drowns (sorry for giving anything away!) and also where the young boy Nullah, is hit by a man. The film is well worth seeing for the boy actor alone, as Nullah, he is absolutely mesmerising. The film does have its faults though - Nicole Kidman's role is just too over the top as a snooty upper class English aristocrat and it's cringeworthy at times. Apart from that, it is great and there are some spectacular scenes.

Enjoy.

Cazzie

Hi I went to see it with my children and to be honest it really isn't appropriate for a seven year old at all, my youngest is eight and spent most of the movie in tears there if you have sensitive children or young do not take them I'm not going into details because it will spoil it for people, but it is very long and quite a frightning film in more than one place, on the other hand it was educational (history wise) for my 12 year old .My husband and I both enjoyed the film it is worth going to see.

Julie:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest ems

Cheers guys. It's so hard to know when you just see the previews. The only other film i took her to see that was a 12A was the last Harry Potter, but with that we kinda new the storyline anyway. Anyway thanks for advice, i'm looking forward to seeing it when its out.