kjc79

2 Weeks in....

and liking it so far:)

so its been 2 weeks since we arrived in adelaide and it feels so much longer - in a good way -.

the flights were good but long, my kids did us proud. singapore airport was lovely but the weather was so humid.

we had a family convoy to say goodbye which was actually okay but i think it was more down to the fact that the kids kept my mind occupied and so had to be strong and not full on cry although a few tears were shed.

we arranged the meet and greet service and were taken to our 3 week holiday home in morpett vale. the house is lovely and is seems a good location to get too and from to explore.

Liz who owns the house we are renting also was our meet and greet and took us to a cheerful little car hire place to get us a cheap rental to get us around for a week, which it did in fairness, although there were a few extra sqeeks than you could

be happy with but for £75 for the week it did us proud.LOLx

would reccommend liz and nick who own kp rentals as any smallest thing we

have needed to know they have helped us with nothing is too much trouble - thankyou xx

The first couple of days were a bit of a blur as I was waking up at 5/6am and needing to go back to bed by 5pm I was shatterd G and the kids seemed to be better.

We mooched around the local shopping centre and got a few bits on the saturday and started the rental search on the sunday where, still with jet lag, were greeted with a very 'unhappy because we are english immigrants trying to rent a house'realater from Happy Vally who wouldnt give us the time of day and we were advised by him that we

will not find it easy to get a longer term rental as all the people before us have not done us any favours as they have broken leases etc - this damped our exciting new journey for that day:( but thankfully he has been the only sullen person we have met.

Everyone seems so much friendlier which makes you smile.

Cant remember what day but we drove down to victor harbour to have a look what was where.Victor Harbour is a lovely place and it didnt take much time to get there at all and found an activity park that we will return too when its a little warmer down there.

driving back we went via Mclaren Vale and from first looking my reaction was 'I want to buy here'. it looks a nice towny place but less busy even compared to morpettvale,reynella and woodcroft areas which i was origionally researching as longer term rental areas.

on tuesday we went back to Mclaren Vale real estate agents to get their rental lists and the lady at one offered us her rental house if we liked it. we drove to look at it and agreed to rent it and are at present living between two houses and our shipped stuff

is arriving on monday.YAY!

we will be living in moana so been doing quite a bit of driving round.Drove form moana to holiday rental with no sat nav tonight!!and its sooo dark kids started moana primary last monday and seem to enjoy it so thats one thing sorted now. need to get them into a football/soccor training and was advised by the lady at bunnings they do it at seaford rec centre??most stuff bought now and lots of monies spent but we should be set up for the next 10 years.

we Would highly reccommend Kia on south road too for buying a car.Liz reccommeded to go there and from our experience and comparing it to another we bought the second car from and lots of car sale places, they have the best with customer service and are the friendliest sales staff no hard sell tatics but brews and a chat about everything but lol x the other car sales place (in the city) wasnt half as proffessional and came with us for test drive! and now have noticed that the brakes kinda squeek although the history say that they were fully changed only 8 months ago?:confused: another monday job!also booking it in with kia for a valet as there is still what seems like dog hair in it runs okay apart form that and its a manual.

We went to Cleland wildlife park last sunday before the kids started school as they have been a bit bored with all the shopping and they needed to be cheered up. there is only so much looking at beds and fridges a small child can take.They loved it.Feeding the kangaroos and holding the koala.they were fascinated, especially connor, with the snakes as it was feeding time on the sunday so he intently watched as they pounced and devowered the rather large mice.got the year pass as they are keen to go back.

got the boring mandatory medicare & family assist forms done, driving licences changed, internet set up and p.o box bought for now.The days seemed to have

run away from us and am enjoying adelaide so so far so good. just need to get jobs now and make some friends :)

sorry to have waffled, .

kath xx

Great that things have gone so well for you guys as well, certainly know what you mean about looking at shops!!

what day did you arrive? We arrived on the 14th June.

Glad you seem to be loving it as much as we are.

Hopefully bump into you all soon

Great that things have gone so well for you guys as well, certainly know what you mean about looking at shops!!

what day did you arrive? We arrived on the 14th June.

Glad you seem to be loving it as much as we are.

Hopefully bump into you all soon

hiya we arrived on friday the 13th June. seems to have gone so quick though.:err:

are you settled in as yet or still on auto pilot with getting all that needs to be organised

LOL x

hiya we arrived on friday the 13th June. seems to have gone so quick though.:err:

are you settled in as yet or still on auto pilot with getting all that needs to be organised

LOL x

We have settled in fairly well. We had the house before we arrived so knew where we was going. The kids have settled in really well and are out all the time with the neighbours. Glad they start school in the morning!:goofy:

We have found everyone to be very friendly both where we live and also in all the thousands of shops we have visited!.

Be great to get back into a routine of kids at school and starting work next week.

How are you finding things around where you are staying? How are your children settling and making friends?

We have settled in fairly well. We had the house before we arrived so knew where we was going. The kids have settled in really well and are out all the time with the neighbours. Glad they start school in the morning!:goofy:

We have found everyone to be very friendly both where we live and also in all the thousands of shops we have visited!.

Be great to get back into a routine of kids at school and starting work next week.

How are you finding things around where you are staying? How are your children settling and making friends?

we are still at the the holiday rental in morpett vale so too-ing and frowing from the longer rental house till the end of this week. the kids seem to have made friends at school and once we are living down in moana and find jobs then me and G should start getting more of a social circle hopefully :confused: and get into a proper routine.

kath x

Guest cunnah10
    and liking it so far:)

so its been 2 weeks since we arrived in adelaide and it feels so much longer - in a good way -.

the flights were good but long, my kids did us proud. singapore airport was lovely but the weather was so humid.

we had a family convoy to say goodbye which was actually okay but i think it was more down to the fact that the kids kept my mind occupied and so had to be strong and not full on cry although a few tears were shed.

we arranged the meet and greet service and were taken to our 3 week holiday home in morpett vale. the house is lovely and is seems a good location to get too and from to explore.

Liz who owns the house we are renting also was our meet and greet and took us to a cheerful little car hire place to get us a cheap rental to get us around for a week, which it did in fairness, although there were a few extra sqeeks than you could

be happy with but for £75 for the week it did us proud.LOLx

would reccommend liz and nick who own kp rentals as any smallest thing we

have needed to know they have helped us with nothing is too much trouble - thankyou xx

The first couple of days were a bit of a blur as I was waking up at 5/6am and needing to go back to bed by 5pm I was shatterd G and the kids seemed to be better.

We mooched around the local shopping centre and got a few bits on the saturday and started the rental search on the sunday where, still with jet lag, were greeted with a very 'unhappy because we are english immigrants trying to rent a house'realater from Happy Vally who wouldnt give us the time of day and we were advised by him that we

will not find it easy to get a longer term rental as all the people before us have not done us any favours as they have broken leases etc - this damped our exciting new journey for that day:( but thankfully he has been the only sullen person we have met.

Everyone seems so much friendlier which makes you smile.

Cant remember what day but we drove down to victor harbour to have a look what was where.Victor Harbour is a lovely place and it didnt take much time to get there at all and found an activity park that we will return too when its a little warmer down there.

driving back we went via Mclaren Vale and from first looking my reaction was 'I want to buy here'. it looks a nice towny place but less busy even compared to morpettvale,reynella and woodcroft areas which i was origionally researching as longer term rental areas.

on tuesday we went back to Mclaren Vale real estate agents to get their rental lists and the lady at one offered us her rental house if we liked it. we drove to look at it and agreed to rent it and are at present living between two houses and our shipped stuff

is arriving on monday.YAY!

we will be living in moana so been doing quite a bit of driving round.Drove form moana to holiday rental with no sat nav tonight!!and its sooo dark kids started moana primary last monday and seem to enjoy it so thats one thing sorted now. need to get them into a football/soccor training and was advised by the lady at bunnings they do it at seaford rec centre??most stuff bought now and lots of monies spent but we should be set up for the next 10 years.

we Would highly reccommend Kia on south road too for buying a car.Liz reccommeded to go there and from our experience and comparing it to another we bought the second car from and lots of car sale places, they have the best with customer service and are the friendliest sales staff no hard sell tatics but brews and a chat about everything but lol x the other car sales place (in the city) wasnt half as proffessional and came with us for test drive! and now have noticed that the brakes kinda squeek although the history say that they were fully changed only 8 months ago?:confused: another monday job!also booking it in with kia for a valet as there is still what seems like dog hair in it runs okay apart form that and its a manual.

We went to Cleland wildlife park last sunday before the kids started school as they have been a bit bored with all the shopping and they needed to be cheered up. there is only so much looking at beds and fridges a small child can take.They loved it.Feeding the kangaroos and holding the koala.they were fascinated, especially connor, with the snakes as it was feeding time on the sunday so he intently watched as they pounced and devowered the rather large mice.got the year pass as they are keen to go back.

got the boring mandatory medicare & family assist forms done, driving licences changed, internet set up and p.o box bought for now.The days seemed to have

run away from us and am enjoying adelaide so so far so good. just need to get jobs now and make some friends :)

sorry to have waffled, .

kath xx

you have done a lot in such a short time!

We stayed in the same hol home that you are in at the mo Morphett vale and i could't agree more

Liz and Nick are a lovely couple and so helpful!nothing was too much trouble!

Good luck moving into your new rental and enjoy your new adventure!

Gill