Guest cunnah10

best high interest bank accounts in Adelaide?

Guest cunnah10

Could anybody recommend some good high interest banks account deals?

Want to put our cash into a good high interest account in Adelaide!

Gill

Guest soggy

Gill

Hi,

i have some money in a six month term account that pays 8.1%, this is with westpac who I am happy to recommend, I know the commonwealth bank were offering the same deal at the time, I have had dealings with them and also found them good.

Simon:)

Most of the big banks have net accounts which give a good amount of interest. The commonwealth does a net saver, which you combine with an everyday account and shift money between via the net.

Hi there,

Rachel is right, we have a term deposit with commbank at 8.1% and had to dip into it a couple of times.

But we also have a netbank saver, we keep any other cash in there and get interest on it and have a credit card which we use on a daily basis and pay the balance of in full at the end of the month from the netbank saver.

That way we have available cash if we need it, get interest on it and are able to use the credit card as long as the balance is cleared in full and don't pay any interest on this or charges.

(as long as you keep a tab of your card it does work!)

Guest Guest75

There are some good deals about.

It will depend if you want to lock your money away on a term deposit though.

Rates are higher and you can haggle a bit as well - but you need to do that on the day of deposit.

I deal with BankSA.

Just had a look at their rates on........... http://www.banksa.com.au/accounts/invest/term-deposits.asp.

8.6 seems good but depends on how long you want to lock away for.

There are also Money Market rates which is a more flexible way to go but rates are variable.

:)

Gill

Hi Gill

This is something that concerns us too as rates here in NZ are higher than Oz. Having had money on a fixed term over here, we now have it on a month to month investment where the bank calls us with the latest rate for a month short term deposit. We can roll it over (last month we did it for 60 days as we were going to be away when we had to make the decision) or move it back to our 'everyday' account which is getting 8.0%. We asked ANZ while we were in Oz and they do the same thing. Westpac also. Benefit over a fixed term is that you get the interest compounded month to month. obviously its a bit of a gamble if interest rates are coming down, in which case a short term fixed would be a better deal. We found interest rates can be negotiable too if you are investing a largish amount.

cheers

Mariane

Guest cunnah10
    Hi there,

Rachel is right, we have a term deposit with commbank at 8.1% and had to dip into it a couple of times.

But we also have a netbank saver, we keep any other cash in there and get interest on it and have a credit card which we use on a daily basis and pay the balance of in full at the end of the month from the netbank saver.

That way we have available cash if we need it, get interest on it and are able to use the credit card as long as the balance is cleared in full and don't pay any interest on this or charges.

(as long as you keep a tab of your card it does work!)

Thanks for reply re bank accounts!

Hey me and OH need lots of advise healthy eating so will give a call when we get to oz!

Gill