Sign in to follow this  
Guest bev_stef

Childrens medicals

Guest bev_stef

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what is involved in medicals for children. Although we're not at that stage yet, just curious, as mine are nearly 4 years old and 9 mths.

Bev

hi bev -

Our daughters are 7 and 9 - all they needed was a urine sample, weight, height and reflexes..........nice and easy (although, getting you're youngest sample in a little bottle might be difficult for you!)

I did take their red books, but the doctor wasnt interested - just asked me about medical problems theyd had.......

sarahx

Guest bev_stef

Hi Sarah

Thanks for the details. Was a bit worried they would start taking bloods etc from the little ones, hate to put them through that. Yeah, not sure how they're gonna get baby lukes sample, I guess they have their ways. Hopefully i'll get the chance to find out later in the year!!

Good luck to you and your family for your new life down under.

Bev

Hi Bev,

Our experience was slightly different. Our children are 2 and 1 and they were both weighed and measured, had their eyes, ears and mouth inspected and that was it! The doctor also checked their red books to make sure they were up to date with their immunizations. Please don't worry, there's nothing intrusive at all.

Guest dglamoore

Hi Bev

Dawn is 4 and her medical was very basic - height, weight, ears checked, eyes looked at and quick tummy and chest check, nothing else :lol: Took about 2 minutes and was over. We had forgotten to take our red book and the doctor just asked if she had had all her jabs to mark on the form. Don't think she even realised she had done her medical!

Lisa :D