Guest ali@51

buying land/ building/ conveyancing help......

Guest ali@51

Hi All

We need some help!(again) Having decided befor we got here we wern't going to do anything about buying a house and we certainly were not going to build. We have seen a plot of land we really like so now we need some help:-

1. Can anyone advise any one to do the contract ext.?

2. Is thier anything else we need to sort out ie seareches. (we know we need to speek to the council)?

3. Do we need to speek to a coveyancer befor we make an offer.?

4. how long dose it take.?

5. How much (about) dose it cost?

6. Is their anything else we need to know?

7. Also from pearsonal experiance are their any builders any one can recomend/ not recomend?

Thanks very much

ali

the conveyencer is the one who does all the searches etc.

the estate agent you buy the land through will deal with the contracts.

usually once your offer has been accepted you go in to put down a deposit, you then have 72 hiours to change your mind, otherwise you usually have 1 month to 6 weeks to pay the rest.

then it's yours.

Guest marty
    Hi All

We need some help!(again) Having decided befor we got here we wern't going to do anything about buying a house and we certainly were not going to build. We have seen a plot of land we really like so now we need some help:-

1. Can anyone advise any one to do the contract ext.?

2. Is thier anything else we need to sort out ie seareches. (we know we need to speek to the council)?

3. Do we need to speek to a coveyancer befor we make an offer.?

4. how long dose it take.?

5. How much (about) dose it cost?

6. Is their anything else we need to know?

7. Also from pearsonal experiance are their any builders any one can recomend/ not recomend?

Thanks very much

ali

If your buying the land 1st then the agent will only do a contract for the land, you will need a conveyancer to do all of the legal bits, once you have the land you can go to any builder and purchase a house from them, the only contract then is with them as you own (or have a loan on) the land.

The builder will submit your plans to the council and if you are staying in the Tea Tree Gulley Council area then it might take 6 - 8 months to get approval to build, then it is up to the builders, I have just signed with a builder to build a house in Tea Tree Gulley Council area and have been quoted 18 months from start to hand over but I know my builder is a bit slow so if you go to one of the big spec home boys it should a lot quicker.

Building a home including buying land is normally a lot cheaper than buying an established home but you then have all of the interior stuff to do like carpets and curtains and then the bloody garden.

Have Fun and for what its work your better off in the Tea Tree Gulley area than some of the southern suburbs as the homes tend to increase in value a little better.

Guest ali@51

Thanks for the answers guys they were very helpful. made things a lot clearer.

Guest soggy

Hi Ali,

if you go ahead and need a conveyancer I can recommend Keith Eckermann, his company has done quite a bit of work for me and I have always been happy with the results and the price! if you want to contact him his email is keith@esconveyancers.com.au

Simon:)