ozzieclare2be

hello , not been here long

Hi thought id introduce myself properly posted a couple of times but we have now arrived in adelaide been here since last wed. Im clare married to chris and we have a 2yr old boy called alex. We are originally from Bury grter manchester. I am a nurse and have a job at ahsford and chris is a sales exec ...looking for a job at the moment. we have found a house to rent in seaford down south burbs.

first impressions love it, but feels sureal we live here now and wont be going home in 2 weeks :jiggy:. Had my first bout of homesickness today but skypes a godsend!! We are in henley beach at the moment which is lovely ,shame about the weather though!!

I have some family here which is great and hopefully my bro will be out here by this time next year!! Well what else can i say apart from g'day and hows it going?:biglaugh:

Guest natdan

HI CLARE N CHRIS, C0NGRATULATIONS for getting there , i bet the weather at the mo reminds you of summer in the uk, we live in manchester and its laggin down again !!!!. Hope you all settle well ,your bound to have a few teething problems at first ,JUST REMEMBER WHY YOU WANTED TO GO IN THE FIRST PLACE. good luck in adelaide , we hope to be there soon. wayne n louise.

thanks guys, just spoken to my mate back home and she said weather is crap. Cant believe how cold it is here though cant wait for the warm weather. Are you far into the visa process? Thanks for the welcome xx

Guest natdan
    Hi thought id introduce myself properly posted a couple of times but we have now arrived in adelaide been here since last wed. Im clare married to chris and we have a 2yr old boy called alex. We are originally from Bury grter manchester. I am a nurse and have a job at ahsford and chris is a sales exec ...looking for a job at the moment. we have found a house to rent in seaford down south burbs.

first impressions love it, but feels sureal we live here now and wont be going home in 2 weeks :jiggy:. Had my first bout of homesickness today but skypes a godsend!! We are in henley beach at the moment which is lovely ,shame about the weather though!!

I have some family here which is great and hopefully my bro will be out here by this time next year!! Well what else can i say apart from g'day and hows it going?:biglaugh:

thanks guys, just spoken to my mate back home and she said weather is crap. Cant believe how cold it is here though cant wait for the warm weather. Are you far into the visa process? Thanks for the welcome xx

Visas granted in jan need to be there by xmas [ warm then :)] though. just sweating on house sale:arghh: and then can book the flights , best friends live in Modbury heights adelaide, hope to be there soon. good luck and enjoy adelaide . wayne n louise.

Guest ReadyPenny

Clare

My hubby and I, n our 10 year old daughter Amber, are from Leigh - how close is that to Bury!!!! Just up the road eh? Would love to keep in touch and meet up with you when we make it our there!

Good luck with the move and let us know how you get on with all the "boring" stuff you know TFN, bank accounts etc etc. I want to hear some of the mundane stuff as well as all about the beauty, the sunshine, the heat!!!!

Mandyx

we opened a westpac account from the uk and had to activate it once here, still waiting for bank cards which is a pain!! TFN you can do online when u arrive and family assist on the phone. Medicare you can just go in and apply and they give u a tempory number until it arrives. Got alot sorted already but its just knowing where things are that takes the time x

hi claire and family welcome to pia

glad your finding your feet already that great

keep us informed of your journey

suexxx

Guest Guest75

Welcome to Adelaide:)

It is very cold here at the moment.

When it's like this the first few weeks can be tough.

Keep busy and organising things here - you won't have time to dwell on things then.

Welcome to Adelaide Clare, Chris and Alex! The first couple of weeks are the hardest. Like you said, it all feels a bit surreal as you're still a bit jetlagged and bewildered! If there's anything you need to ask, just shout out. There's always someone on here who's got the answer! There's a playgroup in Reynella on Tuesday mornings which is currently all Brits. It's a bit far at the moment for you but not too bad when you've moved down to Seaford. New members always welcome and it's a good chance to get to meet new faces. Nice for your little boy as well, it will probably all still be a bit strange for him as well at the moment. PM me if you need any more info or help.:)

Guest Roo1

Hiya and welcome to PIA. We are from the same neck of the woods, as I'm from Bolton but lived in Radcliffe for awhile.

Keep checking out the social section as there's things happening with the PIA members all the time.

If you are free on Friday, you could meet a few of us down at Glenelg for a natter (see social section).

Judi xxx